engine aint running right...

dmvirus

Feb 14, 2007
cebu, philippines
Well people i have two problems with my engine and i cant figure whats wrong with it. Competent mechanics are nowhere to find so you guys are my only hope.

First off, when the engine is running and the car is parked it sounds normal, but when i rev it up to exactly 2500RPM the engine suddenly looses power and the RPM goes down as if i took my foot of the gas and back up again when keeping the gas pedal steady. all of my gauges don't show any problems though.

Second, just recently my engine started going wack, it suddenly sounds like two
cylinders have failing combustion and it suddenly goes back too normal. I changed spark plugs and its still the same.

Hopefully someone can give me some pointers on getting this fixed and what the heck is wrong with it. Thanks guys.

Oh my engine is a 1JZGTTE and i recently changed my head gasket.

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
AFM could be bad, or bad connections, plug wires, test you igniter and see if its workin well, realligne your CPS.

If none of those are your problem, then i would suggest on goin back to "if the headgasket was properly installed, cuzz if not, it could be leakin in to your cylenders and causing the car not to burn because theres coolant in you cylenders.