electronic speedometer sensor

87ttsupra

Wee turbo!!!
Apr 9, 2008
pueblo west
Iv been trying to find an electric Speedometer sensor for the R154 Trans but have had no luck im doing all new gauges and i just wanted to see if there was another R154 that had this sensor so i could run an electric one instead of the dumb cable. ANY IDEAS?

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
87ttsupra;1446764 said:
Iv been trying to find an electric Speedometer sensor for the R154 Trans but have had no luck im doing all new gauges and i just wanted to see if there was another R154 that had this sensor so i could run an electric one instead of the dumb cable. ANY IDEAS?

A lot of the new ELE speedos you can calibrate.. so just about any ele speedo unit you can make work.. as long as its turning... you can calibrate the speedo.. lot of them you basicly drive a mesured mile.. and hit calibrate.. and it does it all for you...

so just find anything from junk yard that will work..

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
HommerSimpson;1446894 said:
A lot of the new ELE speedos you can calibrate.. so just about any ele speedo unit you can make work.. as long as its turning... you can calibrate the speedo.. lot of them you basicly drive a mesured mile.. and hit calibrate.. and it does it all for you...

so just find anything from junk yard that will work..

I'm pretty sure he's talking about a sensor that will screw onto the R154's tailshaft housing, that will convert the signal from mechanical to digital, and pass that along through wiring to an electronic speedometer

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
Moy;1446977 said:
I'm pretty sure he's talking about a sensor that will screw onto the R154's tailshaft housing, that will convert the signal from mechanical to digital, and pass that along through wiring to an electronic speedometer

thats what im talking about... VWs have a simple thing that screws right on were the cable does coming out of the transmission...just like camaros and things... im sure if he looks in a junk yard he will find one that will work.

87ttsupra

Wee turbo!!!
Apr 9, 2008
pueblo west
HommerSimpson;1447015 said:
thats what im talking about... VWs have a simple thing that screws right on were the cable does coming out of the transmission...just like camaros and things... im sure if he looks in a junk yard he will find one that will work.

it dosnt have to be from a toy????? thats wierd i thought they were vehicle spacifec

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
Marlin Crawler makes something that you can use to get an electric signal. That's what I'm going to be doing on my car. Since my car is not done yet I haven't gotten a chance to see if it works ok...