Electronic Rust Prevention

Zapp

Dec 6, 2008
Chicago
Does this stuff really work? One of my friends and I stumbled across this product and I was just curious if anyone has had any experience with it. Theoretically it sounds to me like it may work, but I was just trying to get some extra opinions.

http://www.counteractrust.com/

thanks

fool'ssupra

Building It
Sep 14, 2008
Maryland
The problem that everybody runs into is that the capacitance of the vehicle changes every time a person enters/exits, it gets wet, groceries are loaded, or you get too close to a vehicle or wall. It's extremely difficult to tune the circuit to the desired capacitance and keep it there. For that matter, the alternator will detune the circuit every time it changes speed. Those same reasons have made using impressed current cathodic/anodic systems very unreliable on small vehicles. Also, cars and trucks have several types of corrosion systems working on them, and each requires a different potential or capacitance.

Zapp

Dec 6, 2008
Chicago
My buddy received a quote from them, $300. So if by some chance they do work, we may buy some. Because my friends and I have a thing for 80s cars. And we all know how rusty they can get.