Electronic boost controllers....

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Most of the boost controllers I've seen have the instructions online, it's only a matter of searching them thru Google and downloading the PDF file. Which model controller are you talking about?

idlewild9

Jul 12, 2010
Tacoma, WA
I'm running the HKS EVCS. I've tuned alot of cars with manual controllers (not like its hard ;)) But my car seems to be running alot differently with the electronic controller. The motor seems to be very loud, and I don't get that "Supra Sound" of the GTE like normal. My analog boost gauge is also reading zero psi, but the controller is reading 8.5?! Any ideas?..

Mike

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
idlewild9;1599918 said:
I'm running the HKS EVCS. I've tuned alot of cars with manual controllers (not like its hard ;)) But my car seems to be running alot differently with the electronic controller. The motor seems to be very loud, and I don't get that "Supra Sound" of the GTE like normal. My analog boost gauge is also reading zero psi, but the controller is reading 8.5?! Any ideas?..

Mike

Perhaps It's leaking..

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
idlewild9;1599918 said:

Mike

The Supra is pretty quiet, it whirs kind of loud. I am wondering if you have vacuum lines hooked up right. I don't have the HK$. I bought the Profec B SpecII.

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
The HKs EVC boost controller are among the best of the best. I have personally owned a HKs Evc 4 and EVC EZ currently. Pretty easy to install and you dont have to mess around percentages and duty cycles like the other boost controllers. JUst set it and forget it lol. For your problem, check when you turn the key on to make sure the boost controller silenoid is on , believe me you'll hear it :) . Second make sure you have the lines plumed correctly , one to the wastegate, one to the nipple on the turbo and the other to a vaccum source on the manifold. Well let us know how it goes.....

awsom-0

May 8, 2005
Dallas, Tx
wardog;1814499 said:
The HKs EVC boost controller are among the best of the best. I have personally owned a HKs Evc 4 and EVC EZ currently. Pretty easy to install and you dont have to mess around percentages and duty cycles like the other boost controllers. JUst set it and forget it lol. For your problem, check when you turn the key on to make sure the boost controller silenoid is on , believe me you'll hear it :) . Second make sure you have the lines plumed correctly , one to the wastegate, one to the nipple on the turbo and the other to a vaccum source on the manifold. Well let us know how it goes.....

what vacuum source on the manifold do you tap into?

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
Nick M;1814488 said:
The Supra is pretty quiet, it whirs kind of loud. I am wondering if you have vacuum lines hooked up right. I don't have the HK$. I bought the Profec B SpecII.

How do you have your profec B SpecII hooked up ??? are you using the balance feature in the back??

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
awsom-0;1817459 said:
what vacuum source on the manifold do you tap into?

I added a "T" vacuum fitting to the NIPPLE on the back of the manifold by the egr. I has been working fine and accurate as hell. I see alot of people adjusting percentages, Nah too much shit on those boost controllers. I LOVED my HKS EVC 4 till the head unit got stolen :-( , now the HKS EVC EZ is good too.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Northbaysupra;1817827 said:
How do you have your profec B SpecII hooked up ??? are you using the balance feature in the back??

I don't know what you are talking about either. The valve and solenoid is in series between the turbo outlet and the wastegate actuator. Then it is wired to the control unit.

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
Behind the actual unit inside there is a vacuum hook up .. are you using that??
Nick M;1817962 said:
I don't know what you are talking about either. The valve and solenoid is in series between the turbo outlet and the wastegate actuator. Then it is wired to the control unit.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Northbaysupra;1817978 said:
Behind the actual unit inside there is a vacuum hook up .. are you using that??

Yes, it is hooked to the manifold, not the solenoid which is on the turbo outlet before the intercooler.