Electrical System and Idle issues

Wildfire007

Dec 15, 2010
Cullman, Alabama, United States
I'm not sure if the two are connected but they seem to be. This started a couple weeks ago. I stalled my car out, because no matter how experienced you get on a 5-speed there are those times when it happens. After that all electrical systems to the car were gone. Nothing came on when I turned the key. Well I jiggled the battery around and it kicked back on. I thought it was the ground wire but I clamped it down firmly today and it didn't fix it. So the red wire coming off the positive, not the main but the one that runs along the side of the engine bay and looks like it goes into the firewall, and it all kicked back on. Once I start the car however it doesn't want to idle till I give it some gas for a bit. Even then its idling at like 500 rpms. Way too low. And the idle is not steady, it wobbles a bit between 700 and 1000. Sometimes its perfect and other times it won't idle below 1k till I rev it and release. And on occasion if I pop it into neutral and let off the gas after hard acceleration the rpms will drop to 200 or like tonight it drop all the way to 0 and the car died while rolling. I had to pop the clutch and to kick it back on. I'm a newbie with cars and haven't had time to learn all the things I need to know about the Supra but can anyone help me out?