electrical problem

kingrichard

Aug 5, 2008
philly
Ok heres what i got 88 supra turbo, check engine light was coming on and off intermittently while driving went to check the codes and accidentally jumped out b+ with e1, it sparked and the car stalled out, now it wont turn back on, i checked fuses only found one blown the efi 15 amp, replaced it still wont start, no codes on the check engine light, please help

DeadlyWrenches

Jan 9, 2010
CT
You probably damaged the EFI main relay as well.

Do you have 12 volts at the B+ terminal since you replaced the EFI fuse?

kingrichard

Aug 5, 2008
philly
ok i checked for voltage at B+ and it doesnt seem to have any, my multimeter is an automatic one switches back and forth on its own, tested the battery shows 12.45 v dc when i check the B+ its giving some other reading not volts... i switched the main relay in the box behind the battery and still the car wont start..

i have been doing some troubleshooting in the mean time, i found that the check engine light does not even come on when i turn the key, i looked in the tsrm, and it said use a body ground to test the w terminal on the ecu so i did and the light came on, so now im down to checking the wiring between terminal E1 and body ground for the ecu, i did switch ecus just cause i had one and it didnt start..

DeadlyWrenches

Jan 9, 2010
CT
You have power at the W terminal because that is the power circuit for the actual check engine light, the ecu provides the ground to illuminate it. The ECU isn't being powered via terminals +B1 and +B which both are spliced into the +B terminal you grounded out which is all recieving power from the 15 amp EFI fuse.

Did you check the AM2 fuse?

Last edited:

kingrichard

Aug 5, 2008
philly
just realized i checked it with the key off, lol my mistake with the key on i get 2.133 volts at the B+ terminal, switched main relay and got the same reading

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

just checked the ecu using a body ground B+ and B1+ have no voltage at the ecu..

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

checked it , its fine..

thanks for the help by the way

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

i am calling it quits for the day, if you have any other ideas please list them, i very greatly appreciate it..

kingrichard

Aug 5, 2008
philly
Well i am back at it this morning, going to start by checking and rechecking every fuse/ relay i can find, and see what happens.. no one alse has any ideas?

kingrichard

Aug 5, 2008
philly
By a miracle the car actually turned on and runs it just dies wont stay running unless i hold the gas,im just going to stay in it till it warms up and see what happens

DeadlyWrenches

Jan 9, 2010
CT
That 15 amp EFI fuse you blew suppies the positive circuit to the EFI main relay, the TCCS ECU, the circuit opening relay, the oxygen sensor, the ISC valve and the check connector. Confirm you are receiving 12 volts at these components and then you can start testing components for defects.

kingrichard

Aug 5, 2008
philly
after the car warmed up it idles perfectly , no idea what was happening on Saturday, sometimes you need to just walk away.. Thanks again for all the help. if i have any further problems i will update...