electrical problem!!! need help fast!!!

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
well i was re- wiring my boost gauge to a different location, in the process i was testing the bulb in the boost gauge, when i turn the dash lights on i guess two wires were touching and all lights went out for the gauge and dash gagues..... the two wires for the boost gauge are what touched.. the fuses are fine none blown... the 2 boost gauge wires are going to the dash dimmer.... any idea what i need to look for or fix?? melted wires touching? if so where do i look?

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Youre sure the fuses are ALL good, you tested them with a continuity meter and not just looking. They can blow in places that are hard to see sometimes. If not check the dimmer switch for voltage, if you have voltage there pull out the gauge cluster and check for voltage at the harness, and if there check the circuitry on the gauge cluster itself.

suprana1990

Apr 4, 2005
NYC
Check to see if your dimmer switch is toasted.
The short could've took your dimmer switch out and you need to find a new to replace. Get the Tsrm or Trsm (can't remember the name) and look up the procedure to check the dimmer switch.

I think it is 60 bucks for the switch from dealer, so your best bet is to search the for sale section.