Electrical Issue (Gauge Cluster)

89gte

Regular
Apr 26, 2011
Tennessee
I wired up 3 Prosport gauges recently and they are working except I could not get the orange wire (used to switch the colors to blue when headlights engage) for the gauges to work on the fuses. So I took out my ashtray and pressed the end of the orange wire into the back of the ashtray courtesy light. This caused the gauges to change to blue, but my stock gauge cluster, climate control, and courtesy light flickered and went out. They won't come back on; however, the climate control "tries" to come on when you turn the headlights over (it flickers once). I proceeded to check all fuses visually, they all look fine. I switched in an extra fuse into my gauge fuse just to make sure and no luck.

Have I shorted something out in the system? Possibly dimmer switch? I was just looking for some direction on how to begin going about looking for the problem. I am not good at electrical. Thanks.

89gte

Regular
Apr 26, 2011
Tennessee
Thanks for the reply. Just checked to be sure and tails fuse is good. Does anybody know how to go about looking for the problem?

Last edited: