Electrical fuel pump problem?

7m2ner

Boosted MA70
Jan 26, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Hey everyone, I have searched and found nothing, I am trying to finish up the 7m build, and I was trying to crank it over to get oil pressure before start up, and I noticed I am getting no fuel pressure at all. its a new walbro, and when I run it straight from the junction box in the engine bay, it builds pressure fine. Could something be wrong, or am I having a blank moment. Any help would be greatly apreciated, thanks to all.

7m2ner

Boosted MA70
Jan 26, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
So I built up the oil pressure, and then I put the fuse back in, and connected the coil pack, I tried to start it, and still no pump action. I ran it directly from the junction box, to get fuel pressure, and it finally started. I know I should have stated it before that I had to change some clips before near the ECU, coming from teh engine harness, because they were diffrent, and I dont know if that has anything to do with it. If nothing else what are your suggestions on running it straight with a switch inside?

p1337588_1.jpg

p1337588_2.jpg

Last edited:

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
So you " re-pinned " the b1 m1 b2 b3 connectors?

Here check this Bud

B1 plug is that huge square one that is where your FUEL* issue if you re-pinned it would be:
p1337606_1.jpg

1. A/C Water valve VSV MA7, Needs wiring transplant. Vacuum switch is at the firewall. - Black Yellow

3. Fuel Pump signal for check connector - Black Red
4. Circuit opening relay coil - Green
5. A/T coil for circuit opening relay- Black Blue
6. Fuel pump control relay . -Yellow
7. Plus for circuit opening relay- Black Red
8. NSW to cruise control clutch switch (MT) Delete, EA1 pin 3??- Black Yellow
9. Ignition switch- Hyb, ignition power supply- Grey/black Orange
10. To neutral start. Switch- Black/White
11. From A/C amplifier Hyb, for Idle Up signal -BLUE/RED
12. Theft deterrent horn signal ( can Delete )- Yellow/Blue
13. A/C water temp switch MA7, sensor needs transplant - Light Green/RED
14. ignition On- Hyb, +12v for ignitor and fuel injectors etc. - Black/Orange
15.SPD signal for cruise control-SPD signal for ECT-MA7, the speed sensor will stay in the car - Red/Green

This car was an auto wasn't it, or is it still? That white plug you have there is mostly for the automatic transmission, those don't have anything to do with the fuel.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Not exactly sure if this will help you, but I am a visual learner, I did this so when I do my 1JZ swap it is much easier. Good luck

-Teal

Also here. My '91 is an Automatic as well. I took the time to go to every connector under the dash and get the colors they were. These are the B1, M1, B2, B3 plugs:

p1337619_1.jpg

p1337619_2.jpg

p1337619_3.jpg

p1337619_4.jpg

7m2ner

Boosted MA70
Jan 26, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Hey thanks a lot for all the help and info, I am going to check them, I have a feeling that they might be switched, because I had just placed them in the same possition of the other connector. I will let you know what happens when I finish. Thanks again, Ricardo:icon_bigg