electric fan question

brs86supra

Nov 5, 2006
suffolk,va.
Not sure if this one has been asked before, but has anyone tried the lexus ls400 dual electric fan setup before. I seen a set in the local junk yard and was debating on whether or not to get them. And does anyone know exactly how much air they push? I know ive herd people using the contour electric fans or the taurus electric fan but out of the 3 which would push more air and cool the 7m more? Thanks in advance for everyones help.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
If you want them, look nice, will fit, reasonable fan diameter and bulky blades, pick it up. It's a junk yard, should get it cheap and you can hook it up to be user controlled if anything.

Although popular, as well as a toyota, your car is very specific and so is the set up. So you probably haven't gotten many responses because not many would know it's flow rate or how it would work. Just try it out, I'm sure it would be more than sufficient, not going to be the best thing out there. Sometime you just have to try things and be the first and figure it out for yourself, let us know how it goes and the next one that asks this question, you can tell them what you did and how it went.

It's also Saturday night ;)

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i think its cheaper, easier, and more efficent to just use the clutch fan.

i would rather leave my alt to push my stereo then have it spin my fans, which the engine could do easier, and more efficently.

and my lights dim at night with my amp almost full blast, but the fuse on the amp is only a 30amp... so i know im not pulling that much, but it makes a difference at night.
and most high CFM e-fans pull AT LEAST 10 amps each, and more to just kick them on.

also, a good clutch will "lock up" when hot, and not spin very much when its cold... its not like its a 1:1 ratio for the fan to spin... its a pretty well designed system that toyota put together.... but like most things with supras, stuff gets old, and it needs to be fixed. often times people over look the small things like a new fan clutch.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Also if you have a GE, GTE fan will be more than enough at any time. Don't forget the other cooling factors, not just the fan. Don't forget the other factors as well, not just the cooling fan. Like Ren said, cars get old, things break, ,malfunction, fall off.

First step towards performance is maintenenace.