Elec. Boost Controller Problems

Jonnymkiii

High Altitude
Mar 31, 2005
Boulder, Co
I recently installed a new Blitz SBC-ID III and am having problems getting the function of controlling the boost to work properly. I posted the following in SF with no luck and am hoping someone here can help out.

I have an 87 with a TD06 turbo with an actuator. The pressure for the actuator comes out of my intake pipe right before the intake manifold. The Blitz solenoid has an IN and OUT. I attached the intake line to the IN and the actuator to the OUT. I've set the controller for actuator and the thing will not boost above the stock setting (I also set it to wastegate with no results). I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Anyone have any ideas or troubleshooting suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Jonnymkiii

High Altitude
Mar 31, 2005
Boulder, Co
I bought it brand new, but not from Blitz. When I got it, the gear had never been taken out of the wrap in the box. As far as the solenoid, it's not capped off in any way.

I haven't swapped the hoses yet but I will for grins today to see if that does anything.

Just for my clarifiation... the solenoid reduces the amount of boot pressure getting to the actuator correct? I may stick a boost guage in the hose leading to the actualtor to see if the pressure behind the solenoid is different that before it.