Eibach + Tokico install

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
Hey guys, i just got some Eibach pro springs and Tokico hp blues, now do i need to compress the springs to install these? and what would i have to adjust afterwards? I've never done any suspension before so any help is appreciated.

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
eibach springs are shorter than stock, so you won't need a compressor, however becareful pulling the stock springs off. They are under alot of compression.

You'll need a 4 wheel alignment afterwards to compensate for the extra negative camber you will have front and rear, and also toe.

Also, make sure to use jack stands and wheel chocks. Never use a floor or scissor jack to keep the car in the air.

A couple of tips. With the eibachs, the front is considerably lower than the rear. You can slide some dual ply vacuum tubing around the front dead coils (I did that to raise the front a bit), and it will also keep the springs from clanking.

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
mattjk said:
eibach springs are shorter than stock, so you won't need a compressor, however becareful pulling the stock springs off. They are under alot of compression.

You'll need a 4 wheel alignment afterwards to compensate for the extra negative camber you will have front and rear, and also toe.

Also, make sure to use jack stands and wheel chocks. Never use a floor or scissor jack to keep the car in the air.

A couple of tips. With the eibachs, the front is considerably lower than the rear. You can slide some dual ply vacuum tubing around the front dead coils (I did that to raise the front a bit), and it will also keep the springs from clanking.
right on, thanks alot:icon_bigg

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
i finished mine up last night........(same setup) My buddy and I had a hell of a time keeping the shaft of the rear shocks from spinning. The problem seemed to be the upper shockmounts which I bought brand new from Toyota. Those things are garbage.....All it took was trying to tighten them up once and the D shape where the shock goes on the mount was jacked up and turned into a circle which caused the shaft of the shock to spin when tightening it up. Eventually I just slapped on 3 washers underneath the bolt and it seemed to work flawlessly. Even though the front ones were tougher to get on........ the install went smooth. Just follow Dylans directions........(click on supra mods)
www.dylanwiggins.com
hope this helps a bit

rear upper shock mounts :bigun2: