Egr

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
At the rear of the engine near cylinder six. You take it off by unbolting it. That will make other things happen that you don't want.

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
This is a highly debated topic man. Im sure if you search you well get TONS of stuff. There are several things you have to do tho to do it right.

Defiantly cleans up the bay tho

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I could debate you on it cleaning it up. You can barely even see it. And the guy cant even find it....

FYI is does not get you any gains contrary to popular ricer belief.

manofanhour

May 12, 2009
Dallas
Maybe we are all jumping ahead of ourselves. I had this same question about 3 years ago. I wanted to know how to take it off so that I could put a working one on. Not saying this is the case, but anytime someone says EGR, this debate kicks up and creates wasted threads... OP, you can remove the EGR with the block in the veh, but it is so much easier with it out. For the record, if you are wanting to block it off, same time and work, sell car now, buy 240SX!

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
enjoi.this;1722939 said:
Side effects of removal include melting in #6 cylinder

I dont see how...least the way i did it..

hvyman;1722932 said:
I could debate you on it cleaning it up. You can barely even see it. And the guy cant even find it....

FYI is does not get you any gains contrary to popular ricer belief.

While i kinda agree with you. I disagree as well. If he is doin a full rebuild i say take it off while he can. If he is just removing that in hopes of and "upgrade"...then yea there is no point on a stock MKIII

TRDownShift

Sep 19, 2010
Austin, Texas, United States
Wait... You can delete the EGR? (Sorry, noobie) what needs to be done? Cause it may not add any power but hell... it's one last part that can break and one last bloody heavy cast Iron part in the car lol every little bit helps... will be looking into this lol less parts this car has less ways for the MKIII to break down i say lol

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Just maintain your car and it wont break down. 1 less thing to break. They really dont go bad. Only reason for them is cause its orig from 20 years ago.

And it weighs like a pound. Your never going to notice it.

The ecu is programmed to use it and adds it the fuel mixture.