Edit and fax from a cellular phone?

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Does anyone know of a phone that could readily edit and send simple documents or spreadsheets to a regular facsimile machine? Or are most "smart phones" [Blackberry, IPhone, Palm, Tilt, etc.] already capable of this? I haven't messed with any smart phones - been using a Razr for almost 3 years now - but it looks like I am headed for an office job where things like this might be important. My Razr was also run over by a 4x4 at work a few months ago, and though it still works, it is just about time for a new phone.

I am looking up fax capability on cell phones and the simple answer seems to be "yes", but I don't want a solution that is buggy or clunky - I want simple editing and sending. I wanted to know if anyone else has ever used this capability and on what devices, and also if it is easy. Is the effort worth it, or should I just use a regular fax machine?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Wow. I've sold cell phones for nearly 2 years now and never run across this idea. Not a single customer has asked me about and I have yet to be trained on anything involving faxing from a cell.

Interesting idea though... except that I know almost nobody that uses faxes anymore.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
suprarx7nut;1079942 said:
Wow. I've sold cell phones for nearly 2 years now and never run across this idea. Not a single customer has asked me about and I have yet to be trained on anything involving faxing from a cell.

Interesting idea though... except that I know almost nobody that uses faxes anymore.

There has been software and web services available for this for quite some time.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
suprarx7nut;1079942 said:

If I don't have to use a fax machine, I don't want to. Payroll for the company that I am going to work for uses a fax for time sheets. I am being hired by a technical services placement company for 6 months, with option to go "direct" with the company after that time has expired. I will be working in North Carolina, but the placement agency is in Florida. The contractor I am going to work for is pretty well known with the military, and I have worked with them in the past [while I was in the service]. If I can do any quick correspondence e-mails or fax from my phone while I am away from a computer, it would be great. If I am out somewhere and they need a copy of something I am working on, it would be nice to be able to send it right then and there. I am in need of a new phone regardless, so if there is something out there that fits the bill, I am all for it.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com