ecumaster emu install issues

kornfedmk3

Dec 9, 2011
des moines, IA
Well I just got done installing a ecumasters emu into my 2jz na-t swapped 89 mk3 with 7m electronics coils and CPS.

Well I got it to start but runs a second then dies with my foot on WOT when I go to start it it will go up to 4k then die. If i dont press the gas it will go to 450 rpms and just idle for about 4-5 seconds then die. So I'm wondering if it's something with my fuel delivery. Would my fuel pump? If i hold the key to start the car will actually pick up in rpms to about 5k and hold then as soon as I let go of the key it just dies. Would a 12v relay mod to the pump fix this? Never did this on stock ecu.

kornfedmk3

Dec 9, 2011
des moines, IA
Maybe. It sounds like the fuel pump shuts off when I let go of the key when I start the car. or can be my afterstart settings but I don't know how when it doesn't even run for a second.

Tgood

All throttle no bottle
Dec 16, 2005
ennis/dfw
Double check your settings. Is your pump wired thru the stock wiring? What output in the emu settings is triggering the fuel pump? Do you have a fuel pressure gauge to check pressure? Also if you hold the throttle open 100% while cranking it shuts the injectors off.