ECU wiring and first start up

87Supra600

Jul 26, 2014
Rhode Island
Hey guys, I just rebuilt my 87 supra with a 7mgte motor the 5 speed R154 transmission due to cylinder three rod knock.

But my problem is i ripped and stripped everything i didnt need or want out of it. So now im trying to start it up again and im puting my ECU in and my harness and all that and im trying to find out what i need to wire up cuz all i have is the ECU harness and nothing else. I need to know how to wire up power and ground to the ECU what i need to do to Make it spark up and the Fuel injectors to kick on and the ECU to power up. The harness form the ECU to the motor like injector wires, ignition coil and cam sensor and knock sensors and all that are wired up and ready to go. I am wiring the starter and Fuel pump separetley so they will run off a relay and a switch not the ECU anymore. But I have the ecu installed im just trying to find out what wires go where and what i essentially need to make it run and start up. Please Help. Also do i need to bypass the clutch switch or tranny switch for it to start because i no longer have the switch on the clutch pedal?

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
The ecu gets power and ground from the connectors. The spark and injectors are in the harness also. Why by pass the ecu for fuel pump The car essentially need about every thing but EGr and Charcoal canister to run. Toyota does not waste money item not needed to run.