ECU to TEMS signals - help needed

rfurgy

May 18, 2008
Franksville, WI
I'm looking to figure out the signals that are sent from the ECU to the TEMS computer through wires L1, L2 and L3.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=116 Down in "Service Hints" the first three with the letter "H" in front of it are for those wires.

With the troubleshooting you use the gas pedal so that obviously starts with the TPS. I see that they should alter between 5 and 0 volts.

I'm looking for any better understanding of how these signals were utilized or at least confirmation of a 5v on/off reference.

rfurgy

May 18, 2008
Franksville, WI
Anyone?

I'm attempting to get my TEMS system working with a MS3 + MS3X ECU. What I need is a detailed description of the signal from each wire (L1, L2, L3). I didn't have the TEMS up and running before I started wiring in the Megasquirt as well as not knowing that there were 3 wires from the ECU to the TEMS. Other wise I would have analyzed them myself. I have to determine if the MS3 is capable of mimicing the OEM ECU. If so, I then will need to figure out how to wire and calibrate it if possible.

Any help would be awesome, and thank you.