ECU question, please help!!

MA70_452

Dec 7, 2006
South Wales
I have got a mkIII UK spec non-turbo supra, I would like to know what type of ECU do i have, is it an OBD0 or something else?

Also I have found a software called ECU Control v5 which they are compatible with OBD0 and OBD1, it could do a datalogging, so i wonder is it possible to connect it to my supra?

Boss302

May 2, 2006
Mobile, Al
if i wrong i apologize but last time i checked it was OBD0 because OBD1 has the special hook up port as does OBD2 our cars don't have either we have to jumper.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
It is technically OBDI. OBD0 is a quote unquote Honda thing.

OBDI didn't even become OBDI until the introduction of OBDII. Pryer to OBDII, all systems were just called OBD

OBDII is the only system that has a universial diagnostics plug. Pryer systems were manufacture specific as to how to run diagnostics whether it be plug or jumper and most only need jumper and some dont even need a jumper like chrysler/jeep/eagle products which is just a matter of cycling the key 3 times and then leaving it on and the ECU goes to diag. mod.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
jetjock said:
What cj said. I wish they were OBD-II though. It'd make life a lot easier. Nothing beats a good scan tool and there have been times I'd have killed for freeze frame on a 7M.

Cant agree more........