ECU problem Again?

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
ok, after trying to search for about a half hour i give up. i know what im lookin for is on this forum countless number of times but because of the new gay ass search option about having to use words that contain more than 3 letters. i can't seem to find what im looking for without using some 3 letter word
my problem is the car won't rev past 4000 rpm in idle, and wont rev past 3000 rpm under load. im thinking it might be my ECU but im not too sure about it because i just had the caps replaced after it was having a bad misfire and i couldnt pull the codes. i got the ecu repaired at a local speed shop and it was working just fine and dandy for about a week. then just a little while ago the check engine light came on, and the idle dropped, and i couldnt rev pass the rpms which i descibed above. i opened up the ecu and it seems to me that the caps look ok except for one which in addition to lookin like it was leaking, it appears to be the wrong size capacitor from what was in there origonally. could it be possible that the wrong cap was installed and it might have blown again?
Once again guys im sorry for the repeat thread. i kno this has been covered a bunch of times and i even remember that i read some of the threads on it but i cant seem to remember much on them and i tried searching but because of that new seach feature i can't use the terms i want to find them.

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
vic, why don't you send it to bigaaron (dm) and have him check and possibly repair it again. He replaced the caps in my ecu and it's been working since then with no problems.

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
i initially wanted to do that, however i wasnt sure of his turn around time and i needed the ecu repaired asap which is y i took it to that local race shop. to be honest though im a student for automotive technology and im almost finished up with my bacholars. im currently building a megasquirt pcm to run a go kart and i had to build for my advanced diagnostics class. so u see y its so hard for me to send out this ecu to get the caps replaced when doing this task is totally within my grasp. only reason i would send it out is because i simply dont have the time to fix it with my busy schedule, and the 1st time the ecu took a crap on me i ran all over the place trying to find the correct caps and i couldnt. but if aarons price is reasonable and his turn around rate is fast enough i wouldnt mind sending it to him to do. do you have any idea how long he would take and how much he would charge?

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
#1StunnaVic;994759 said:
i initially wanted to do that, however i wasnt sure of his turn around time and i needed the ecu repaired asap which is y i took it to that local race shop. to be honest though im a student for automotive technology and im almost finished up with my bacholars. im currently building a megasquirt pcm to run a go kart and i had to build for my advanced diagnostics class. so u see y its so hard for me to send out this ecu to get the caps replaced when doing this task is totally within my grasp. only reason i would send it out is because i simply dont have the time to fix it with my busy schedule, and the 1st time the ecu took a crap on me i ran all over the place trying to find the correct caps and i couldnt. but if aarons price is reasonable and his turn around rate is fast enough i wouldnt mind sending it to him to do. do you have any idea how long he would take and how much he would charge?

mine didn't take long 3 days iirc. why don't you pm him and ask?