Ebay Manifold/Dipstick mount

sprigmo1

Sep 27, 2005
Waldorf, Maryland, United States
Mounted my ebay manifold and can't seem to get the dipstick mounted correctly. I'm leaking oil from the dipstick tube and I believe it the angle the dipstick is forced into because of the manifold! Anyone have this problem or a solution??

conwinb

Aug 9, 2007
yonkers
s649.photobucket.com
sprigmo1;1365551 said:
Mounted my ebay manifold and can't seem to get the dipstick mounted correctly. I'm leaking oil from the dipstick tube and I believe it the angle the dipstick is forced into because of the manifold! Anyone have this problem or a solution??
i used a 350z dipstick on mine

Txsupra

Professional Driver
Aug 23, 2008
Texas
conwinb;1398458 said:
i used a 350z dipstick on mine

Would you happen to have a picture of this? And or could you take a picture of this. Did you measure to make sure your reading the level right?

sprigmo1

Sep 27, 2005
Waldorf, Maryland, United States
I had to rebend it a little to flatten out under the manifold. Another bend to make sure it seated in the pickup tube correctly, then a slight bend to up alongside the turbo. It took a couple fitments, but it finally worked out. And believe it or not, the turbo feed line was only hand tight and when pressurized was spitting oil!

MA70Snowman

Oct 17, 2006
San Diego
I got me a fleabay manifold also and a bigger turbo and it was impossible for the tube to go where it was supposed to. I asked the same question no to long ago, so a search would have helped.

HOWEVER..

BEND THE FK OUT OF IT! get a cheap little pipe bender from vatozone, put your pipe in a vice and put some heat to it and bend and fit, bend and fit, bend and fit.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
i used the stock dip stick just added a steel wire and wraped it around a bolt and tied it to the side of the turbo.

mine fit really snugg just took awhile to get it in that tight hole! lol

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
a bend and a tweak and a bracket off the turbo =

turbomounted.JPG