Earl's SS brake lines don't fit

salomon68

welkin
Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
Hey guys, here's the story. I bought a set of Earl's SS lines from from one of the online Supra parts stores about 8 months ago. Just bought rotors, pads, calipers etc.

So, I get off the stock lines finally and I'm installing the new lines on the front drivers side of the car. I start putting the new ones on and the nuts on the line are not fitting up into brackets. From how the stock lines came out, it think the nuts on the new lines are suppose to fit into the mounting bracket so the clip can be slid in on the opposite side (and so the lines can't turn). I double checked the part number and it's right (28G030ERL; MID 86-92 SUPRA)

Has anybody had this issue? I'm really pissed cause I paid over $100 for these lines and they don't work.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I haven't had those lines in my hand, it is hard to say. Can you take a real picture (not a cell phone) with lighting and focus? Because I am not even sure what you are talking about. What nuts? And don't say "dease". Are you talking about the caliper bracket to caliper bolts? And what does that have to do with the line?

salomon68

welkin
Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
Yeah, they hold them in place. What happened was that the Earl SS lines come in 2 pieces vs 3 like stock. So, you have to pull the longer line through the lowest bracket and fit it into the middle bracket in order to hold it in place. Both of those brackets looked like they were shaped to fit, but they didn't.

Thanks to my handy Dremel, problem solved.

salomon68

welkin
Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
here's pics for what I was talking about...

p1596841_1.jpg

p1596841_2.jpg

p1596841_3.jpg

p1596841_4.jpg