E46 M3 vs. Mk3

V8hntr

Undersquare
Mar 7, 2007
SoCal
My friend bought a new 2004 E46 M3 3.2 Liter 333 hp. At that time I had a stock ECU, K&N filter, Lexus AFM with 550' and a 60 trim with 10deg clip CT-26 and crush bent exhaust with ebay muffler. Unbeknowst to me I also had a mild BHG. I had mbc set at 15psi. We line up around 40 on the street 3 honks I started on top of 2nd and he immediately pulls 2 cars but as I spooled up I was gradually reeling him on but had to slow down due to traffic. One more time the same thing happend. I pulled over and raised the boost to 17 and the third time we go again he pulls about 1 car but I had fuel cut off issue at WOT and had to back off even though I knew i was catching him. I lowered it back to 15. This time we start from about 25 and I was in first gear and I brakeboosted. 3 honks we go. Top of second we were even then I walked him steadily and shut off at about 105mph. He was very surprised and he told me that he redlined it to 8500rpm during the race. He gave me a ride in it and the brakes were forumula one bad ass . And so were the acceleration. That M3 definitely has top end power. I gave him a ride in the supra and he was very terrified at the brutal accelaration. AFter the race I over heated It is now being rebuilt

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
The M3 is a 13 second car stock and they generally trap at 101-104 (as I have seen at the track) Curious as to what your Supra runs?

Duane

V8hntr

Undersquare
Mar 7, 2007
SoCal
Hi Duane. I am not sure what it used to run. It was surprisingly quick. I also killed several GT's and cobra's. Right now it has all new forged internals Ported head HKS gasket and I should be able to break it in about a month. After that I will tune it. By the way I am a huge fan of yours. I remember talking to you when I was in Dallas. I also read about your car on Oldschool vs new school shootout. YOu should post some of your viper kills.

take care
Hamed

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
.....Duane.

:rolleyes:

Who is this cat? Does he drive anything special? ;)

Good...kill...to the headgasket, heh. Glad to hear everything is up and about ready to go! I had a chance to play Cat & Mouse with a 2000+ M3 leaving Chi2k6 coming down I-65 for about an hour and a half. Top end...They really are amazing...but aside from the idiotic driving from the M3 owner, I still pulled on it slightly every time.

Congrats! :)

-Jeff