E-Manage Ultimate auto ECU problem

Tura_1JZ

Supra down the block
Aug 26, 2009
miami
I have a auto 1jz converted to manual but still running the auto ECU. I dyno tuned the car about a 2 months ago, but I recently been getting a Lean to rich spot around 5800-6000 rpm. Now my tuner said it's the Auto Ecu shift limiter ,on the Data logger you can see the injector duty cycle go lean then a sudden rich spike. I used a manual ECU but the check engine light came on DTC 42 speed sensor so I didn't tested it out. My cable is broken and I just ordered 1 from Driftmotion. The other funny part is that the Auto ECU never threw the check engine.

scmaluco

May 16, 2012
BayArea
Tura_1JZ;1958381 said:
I have a auto 1jz converted to manual but still running the auto ECU. I dyno tuned the car about a 2 months ago, but I recently been getting a Lean to rich spot around 5800-6000 rpm. Now my tuner said it's the Auto Ecu shift limiter ,on the Data logger you can see the injector duty cycle go lean then a sudden rich spike. I used a manual ECU but the check engine light came on DTC 42 speed sensor so I didn't tested it out. My cable is broken and I just ordered 1 from Driftmotion. The other funny part is that the Auto ECU never threw the check engine.

whats your mod list? and what numbers were you able to pull on the dyno? (curious)

when i was getting mine tuned (apexi safc) i had a lean/rich spot i couldn't get rid of it around 5500 though.. and i was running a water/meth kit. and 550cc which was plenty for the 15psi. it was either rich or lean at that spot.. couldn't get rid of it.. . mine was auto though. you should do some reading on the auto to manual ecu. should be the same.. only difference is you might have to cut the pink wire for the speed which will eliminate the speed cut anyways.. google it or go on clublexus.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
There are lots of little differences between the A/T and M/T ECus. For example, the M/T ECU fuel control will go open loop between shifts when the throttle snaps shut, while an A/T will stay in closed loop. Idle control is very different too.

Tura_1JZ

Supra down the block
Aug 26, 2009
miami
16psi
440 2jz injectors
Walbro 400
Driftmotion damper bypass
Aeromtive fuel reg.
NGK IFR6I11 plugs
Greddy Thrust intercooler
Tila 50 mm Blow-off
6- puck clutch
Fuel pump resistor bypass

The turbo has a T3 63. backhousing too small.
It was 342hp and 306 tq on dynojet.

I know about the wire thing, but the emanage has that wire wired to it. Once I get the speedo cable Ill put it in and retest. (Stand alone

scmaluco;1958709 said:
whats your mod list? and what numbers were you able to pull on the dyno? (curious)

when i was getting mine tuned (apexi safc) i had a lean/rich spot i couldn't get rid of it around 5500 though.. and i was running a water/meth kit. and 550cc which was plenty for the 15psi. it was either rich or lean at that spot.. couldn't get rid of it.. . mine was auto though. you should do some reading on the auto to manual ecu. should be the same.. only difference is you might have to cut the pink wire for the speed which will eliminate the speed cut anyways.. google it or go on clublexus.

Last edited:

Tura_1JZ

Supra down the block
Aug 26, 2009
miami
Still doing same thing , but the 1st time I gunned it in 1st it was clear with no breakups and in 2nd also. The next time I hit it again it started breaking at 5812K. This is driving me crazy need help!

Last edited:

scmaluco

May 16, 2012
BayArea
Tura_1JZ;1959402 said:
Still doing same thing , but the 1st time I gunned it in 1st it was clear with no breakups and in 2nd also. The next time I hit it again it started breaking at 5812K. This is driving me crazy need help!

I thought the problem was that the car was running rich/lean. now youre saying its breaking up? you should try regapping the plugs and check your coils for cracks.

Tura_1JZ

Supra down the block
Aug 26, 2009
miami
Sorry to confuse, its a product of the lean/rich spot. On the data log injector duty cycles are at 0% at 5812k then it goes full rich all the way at %100 duty ugh. If it were ignition situation the injector duty cycles wouldnt be affected or Im guessing. Spark plugs are at .24
scmaluco;1959566 said:
I thought the problem was that the car was running rich/lean. now youre saying its breaking up? you should try regapping the plugs and check your coils for cracks.

Soupy

Jan 30, 2012
Uk
It could be fuel cut. Try reducing the boost limiter clamp voltage around your problem rpm.

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
Is the cam and crank signal in sync at 5812?
Perhaps ecu or emanage is loosing sync (no rpm signal) at that specific rpm.