Dyno Today... wtf?

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
oct32008qo9.jpg

Can someone tell me what is going on (beside the terrible tune):

The car was revved to 6400, I watched, but the graph shows a max engine speed of just under 5000 rpm. The operator seemed to think that it was my gauge that was busted, but that is not possible since my avc-r picked up the exact same (correct) rpm of 6400.

So then, was the dyno incorrectly reading rpm? (seems likely)
How will this affect my torque readings? (should be inflated?)
How will this affect my hp readings? (should still be accurate?)

HELP!

My Mods:
stock ct-26 - 14psi
550cc inj
walbro 255
hks ssqv
hardpipes + spearco replica intercooler
built bottom end -bored 20 over with forged rods (don't ask)
ngk plug wires
ultima red top battery
aeromotive AFPR
NO FUEL MANAGEMENT (hence the terrible tune, my afc-II was shit when I bought it second hand)
hks megasuperawesome flow filter
avc-r (but the runs were done on a manual boost controller since my avc-r may also be screwed (bought from same guy))
full 3" exhaust with hi-flow cat (including downpipe and turbo elbow)

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
I may have found the solution. This is a graph of engine speed vs roller speed comparing my run with a run by my friend in his prelude. Notice the non-linear nature of my run. Wheel spin? Dyno sensor failure? Improper calibration?

possibleexplanationxp5.jpg

Last edited:

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
:wtf: the person who is running the dyno is a failure, either that or their dyno is busted! did you pay for the dyno? I would try to get my money back, they did not do an accurate dyno test.

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
Yeah, talking to a bunch of people has led to agreement that the rpm pickup on the dyno had to have been inaccurately calibrated and that I somehow managed to get wheel spin in 4th at ~2600 rpm. (It is cold and somewhat wet up here in the North :( )

I will be going back and bringing various charts with me to ask for two new accurate runs.