Dyno Question

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I believe I read on club3g.com (I also own a 3g Eclipse GT) that a mustang dyno reflects more towards real world driving conditions where they take into account that no Piece of information used when tuning your car is going to be "perfect" like a dyno jet does. That being said, a mustang dyno gives you power gains when tuned that will work better for you when driving around on the road (they base their tuning on the fact that no outside forces, like temperature and such, are going to be same all the time). A dyno jet tunes for that "perfect" condtion (perfect air temp, a/f ratio, etc.) and i believe that is why the dyno jet shows you making more horsepower. They base the tune on if every variable were perfect, whereas the mustang dyno tunes on real world condition.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
i dont have experience with mustang dyno, but Dyno jets are based on interia... they are accurate in the lower hp ranges, but once you get up in the numbers they just basically geuss... Dyno dynamics dyno's use twin rollers on each wheel and actually take a more exact measurement of the vehicles power output. but the thing is that when people jump on a dyno dynamics they get scared because they shoot about 15% less, so a lot of the times the dyno's are re calibrated to read like a dynojet so ou can have proper internet fighting numbers :)

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
hhmmmm, never had that problem. I had cars on both and the numbers were pretty much the same. (only a few numbers off and that could be attributed to a lot of different things)