DynApex fuel pump?

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
So I dropped the tank tonight with the intention of installing my Walbro fuel pump, only to discover an aftermarket fuel pump marked "DynApex DP 005H" it looks very much like the Walbro and even uses the same plug. I was just wondering if anybody had used them or heard of them before. I found very little online about them except one article that said its a lot quieter than the Walbro but just as good quality. Rather get opinions from here than a Subaru forum lol

Trent

Quietly Browsing
Oct 30, 2007
Austin TX
If you can't find flow rates or know anything about how this pump would work in your Supra, or how long it has been in there or know how well it might or might not be working, why take that chance? You already have the tank out. Replace it with a pump that you KNOW will do what you need it to and won't need to rely on Subaru owners or the very little bit of information you can find to base your decision on.

MKIV Denso or Walbro are the ONLY drop in pumps I would use on a Supra with mild to moderate upgrades. PERIOD.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Trent;1942066 said:
MKIV Denso or Walbro are the ONLY drop in pumps I would use on a Supra with mild to moderate upgrades. PERIOD.

Why? Whats wrong with an Aeromotive stealth, or Deatchwerks D300?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Well, i have a walbro now, and it's served me well. I was just wondering if there's been any major drawbacks to using the Stealth, because I had planned on swapping out.

fienloco

This or That?
Jul 5, 2012
Colorado
I found the same durapex DP005H in a Supra I bought months ago. Kept wondering why power output seems low, plugs indicate its running incredibly lean, 180k fuel filter full of filth didnt help either. My judgement said put stock MKIII pump in it because there is no info on the web of this pump. Not mention durapex doesnt even list Supra parts on their website nor the DP005H pump. Just a thought for an old thread.