Dutch Mk3 owner

Mk3_Richard

Feb 8, 2008
Garage
Hi everyone,

I guess it's time for me to introduce myself and my Mk3.

Supra&

Supra%20mk3_02.jpg

I bought this Supra from my brother about a year ago, and he had it for 4 years. When he bought the car it was a completely stock turbo with a manual gearbox. At first we only had to fix the HG (off course) and we did not intend to modify the car. But, then we made our biggest mistake: when we replaced the head gasket we also replaced the exhaust by a Blitz NurSpec and we shimmed the turbo. The result was that we gained a few hp and the car was driving great, and it was the start of a lot of other modifications (and a much lower bank account ;))

When the stock engine had run about 110.000 mi we wanted a little more power, but then it would be necessary to rebuild the engine. But I figured that a stock 1JZ is strong enough for my goals.

Last year the car is completely resprayed and all rust has been cut out of the body.

1jzma70_0002.JPG

This picture is made before the repaint, but after the repaint the engine bay self is still red, and that annoys me a lot. Last month I pulled the engine and in the next month it will be painted in the same color of the car.

The engine self will be converted to a single turbo set-up and an AEM ems.

One last picture:

Brothers

That Mk4 is my brothers 450+ rwhp Single turbo monster.

Last edited:

Mk3_Richard

Feb 8, 2008
Garage
LilMissMkIII;928810 said:
Very nice mate!!!!!

That colour and those wheels are pure sex!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thanks a lot!
In real life the color looks a lot better than on these pictures.

The color choice was a very hard one. We wanted a blue paint from the start but then you have to choose which type of blue. After several months I saw a blue Suzuki Swift passing by, and at the same moment I knew I found the new color for the car.

SupraDreamPDR;928887 said:
I'm liking the color alot, good choice. What turbo are you planning on running on the singled 1J?

Thanks, I’m not sure jet. But I’m thinking of a Precision Turbo 6076 or a 6152. My goal is about 500 rwhp.

Last edited:

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Welcome. Were are you located in the Neterlands? I was there in 63' with my family. My father was stationed at Camp New Amsterdam Air Force Base, may not be there anymore. Loved the country and the people. Kind of cool climate though.

Mk3_Richard

Feb 8, 2008
Garage
Marotta1;931843 said:
Wow, that's one of the best looking Supra's I've ever seen. Just one suggestion though, put a front lip on it. Nice Ride!
Thanx for the compliments!

I've got a front lip already, but I have no good pictures of it yet.