dual pump setup

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
i know this has been brought up a couple times in the past and i have searched it but answers keep getting changed, and i want to say ill write up a tutorial on the end of the build for doing this, part numbers, prices, what was done and needed and are great and perfect pictures :)

so the question is. dual walbro fuel pump setup. im already looking at this as a hanger for it instead of going with zip-ties and drilling out the ports and welding on new ones.

Dual fuel pump hanger for the MKIII Supra. This hanger uses two (2) Walbro 255 fuel pumps

LDSC01276.jpg

SUPRA MKIII DUAL WALBRO PUMP HANGER
Part #: BPM-202-33
PRICE: $330.00

this is the hose im planning on running
http://www.spracingonline.com/store/Goodridge_Stainless_Braided_Hose_200_Series/3328
3328.jpg

currently i have a aeromotive FPR and guage "LIPP FPR kit"
http://www.suprasport.com/Aeromotive-AFPR-_p_77.html
13109.jpg

p1215085_1.jpg

now as for fuel rail, currently i have the AN fittings from the LIPP Kit which contained the fuel Rail Fitting 12mm to -6an AFPR -6 inlet fitting AFPR -6 plug for unused port AFPR -6/-6 adaptor for return Braided hose, wes from http://www.beechperformance.com/ said this is what i should do, but i contacted jack larson from www.suprasport.com also, wes says this "The hanger comes with a -8 fitting but we can put a -10 if thats what you want. THe stock rail will work but it needs to be modified to get rid of the stock fitting and have an fittings welded on which we can do." he also said this "what i would do is cut the plug off the back of the rail and weld on a -8 fitting and plug the stock feed and run a -8 from the pump to the rail and a -6 return thats how my car was done before but now im running tripple pumps and a -10 feed." jack larson replied about what i should do about my rail by saying this "We do offer the LIPP fuel rail with 6,8,10 feeds single or dual. You may be able to modify stock but if you weld a bung on it will most likely warp the rail making it junk. lmk, Jack"

now from what im reading here the numbers AN -8 and -6 floating around even in the post. my mission is 700hp and eventually i will achieve it :naughty: but questions need answering.

hose sizes?
stock fuel line under the car "will it flow enough and hold the pressure? or replace with a full SS hose's "feed and return" although the return doesnt need much since in not pressurized but you can never have enough ss hoses?:sarcasm:

fuel filter to replace that pain in the A$$ stock toyota POS! what do we recommend?

and again back to the fuel rail for the second time, there are 2 choices unless what i have right now is sufficient enough for me

beech performance
SUPRA 7M CUSTOM FUEL RAIL
Part #: BPM-202-29
PRICE: $220.00 or send him yours and it becomes $120.00

DSC01571.jpg

from my understanding its like the LIPP you have fittings on both ends of the rail up to a size -10

supra sport
LIPP Hi-Flow Fuel Rail
Item Id: 7021
$247.66
fuel_rail_1.jpg

DSC02370.JPG

FuelRail010_working.jpg

FuelRail011_working.jpg

this has the option of single or dual feed up from a -6 to -10 "your choice" with a -6 return.

now a little more information on this is im going to be running 1000cc injectors with this set up, here are some drawings in paint with what i feel how it would be set up.

p1215085_2.jpg

p1215085_3.jpg

now for the dual feed would i just have the feed -8 going from the tank to FPR "bottom port" which then requires a -8 adapter for the bottom port instead of the -6 on there now, then use one of the side -6 port and then use the unused port for the other feed, and just use -6 fuel feeds, would that work?
one last question for this bit, the cold start injector. does anyone think that this will still be required with the fact of all that fuel to begin with?

now as for plans on for electrically i have a map ecu, well with that you have the ability to have items switch on when map ecu reads a boost/rpm/speed/ and i think a 02 signal i dont remember. but what im planning on doing is power from the map ecu to relay to 2nd pump so my 2nd pump will only run "activate" at a preset amount of boost or RPM does this sound ok so far? also plans for running fail lights just in case of a pump failure, i also read to power 2 pumps it will need at least a 14AWG wiring. as for the other pump, that will be relayed and i have a switch just for it right next to my electric cut off valve switch:naughty:

and this is a different story, while i was taking off my fuel tank i noticed somthing terrible :cry:
p1215085_4.jpg

my rear end frame has a split right where the bolt is, what do you guys recommend for a fix, i figured since its close enough it could probably be welded right back up, or should i just weld a fresh piece of metal right on top of it? because i really dont want to have to buy a new one or find one :nono:

thanks again everyone for support and help, i want to get me in that car asap and im working as quick as possible to get this done so everyone can see it

Last edited:

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
When I was at the SEMA show this year I made it a point to ask an engineer that worked for Walbro about the shielding the two pumps duee to the magnetic thing. He pretty much told that that is a complete myth. I have made setups both ways and both have worked and continue to work

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
On our mits 3000 we ran a -8 up to a fuel bar which is -8 and two -6 out. We also ran the co2 through the fuel bar to chill the fuel right before it hits the rails. The 3000 has two rails so it would be essentially like your dual setup.

It looks like on your diagrams you put the regulator on the feed line, it goes on the return.
Here is a pic of what we did
DSC02455typed.jpg

DSC02454.JPG

This is pretty much the same thing we are going to do on my Supra

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
i tell you what you hook it up with the prices and ill get my car done quicker lol, im getting down to my last bits and pieces, im just having a problem finding someone to re-surface my front timing cover :3d_frown: my machine shop said there bit would tear right through that and also that it would be almost impossible to mount flat onto the machine, i think they are smokin dope :1zhelp:

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
I think we have a couple of splitters here. I will check tommorrow. lmk what parts you want to go with and I will see what we can do

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
zoonwen;1217550 said:
Anyone have any pics of their dual setups with the stock hangers ???

oh shit u can post on here now? hehe j/k

there have been a few pics of people with modified stock hangers with dual setups...

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
i looked at getting the Bosch 040 but see i already have a walbro and it would be cheaper for me to just go with that or now in a way. i mean overall price wise its cheaper though for the Bosch 040, maybe in a long run ill go with the Bosch 040 though.but yes lets see about some pictures

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
I have done a few mk3's with dual Walbros on the stock hanger, it works great, just a really tight fit. I will be installing two in my tank sometime before spring in my own car, I have some pics somewhere..........

I see zoonwen is back, I thought you were banned from here??, how quickly people forget....