Dual Filter Mount ?

Apollonius

Feb 5, 2008
Houston, TX
Looking at the arrows on the top of the dual filter mount it seems to indicate the feed/return crossing and want to make sure i have it right before i run a line to it.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
On a filter mount (single or dual) that has dual ports, you only use two...either end, but not both. You need to decide which end is the best for routing the lines, then plug the other side...the plugs should have been included with the mount.

Apollonius

Feb 5, 2008
Houston, TX
Lol thanks, now i feel like an idiot ;)

Any idea what the right adapter is for the AT Tranny lines i bought the 12mm x 1.5 and its way too small

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
No worries...I've made dumber mistakes than that ;)

The tranny lines are M16x1.5. You want to use a thread sealer (teflon paste will do) on the metric side if you're going to AN adapters on these.

Apollonius

Feb 5, 2008
Houston, TX
Teflon tape work or i need the thread sealer?

Been using the tape stuff on all my NPT/Metric side of the fittings

I think they write do not use sealer on the AN fittings on every inch of every peice of paper they give u... So I havn't done that yet lol.

Teflon tape the on block off for the daul filter mount ports?

And thanks again jdub

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
They speak the truth about the AN side of the fitting ;)

I prefer teflon paste, but have used tape on oil fittings like you have with no issues. NPT fittings (tapered...seal on the threads) should seal without either, but it doesn't hurt to use a sealer. Metric fittings are straight, that's why I'd use a sealer. If it's fuel, never use the tape.

Apollonius

Feb 5, 2008
Houston, TX
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Mounted it upside, thought it was okay but wanted to make sure because in the directions it illustrates right side up or sideways. But since it is a pressurized system.... heh Just wanted to make sure

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Don't forget to make sure It will still fit with your hose ends, with enough room for assembly and disassembly - and keep in mind that hose does not like to bend sharply!

Probably common sense but still a good reminder ;)

Apollonius

Feb 5, 2008
Houston, TX
All done. No leaks ;)

Thanks for all the help jdub and others.

After replacing oil pressure sender on the block still no reading on my guage. So i guess its the gauge or wire'n then. Hopefully will be the guage

Also do you have any ideas for a diffrent oil dipstick. I cannot see the redline oil on the dipstick at all, have to press it against a clean paper towel to figure out how far up the oil goes... Kinda annoying lol

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
The dipstick is a known/old problem...the earlier models (yellow loop handle) are better. You can improve yours by shining it up with steel wool or a scotts bright pad.