Dual 12" Tire well enclosure.

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
osama1234;1081537 said:
This may come off as a stupid question, but what do you guys do in terms of storage of the spare tire?

Garage...Shed, basement... where ever it fits outside the car... lol

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
Well, heres yet another small update... As mentioned earlier i have bondo'd the box, and i am in the slow and tedious process of sanding the bondo smooth. From the looks of it i will need about 2 layers of bondo to make the surface completely smooth and uniform. This process is not fun at all and is taking longer than i wanted, but oh well... Its not like im driving much this summer, i have no AC :(

Here are a few pics of the work in progress...

p1082764_1.jpg

p1082764_2.jpg

p1082764_3.jpg

osama1234

Noob
Jun 30, 2007
vancity
I guess its probably not bad if you're in/around the city most of the time.

I do most of my traveling using public transit, so in the case of traveling with the car I often find myself far away from civilization.

I really must find a way to hang on to my spare tire, god damn thieves.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Get a tire plug kit. Then practice on your stock spare tire to learn how to use it. :) :)

Takes up very little space, and I've never had a "flat" I could not plug in a few moments. (Generally some nail or bolt, or even a bungie cord hook that my tire picked up through the tread.)

I have taken some in and had them patched after they have been plugged, and no problems. But I've also run into shops that will not work on them after you use fix a flat type can sealers as IJ noted. (But I still carry both the plugs, and the fix a flat.. I really should get a small compressor....)

A few years ago, when I worked Hurricane Ivan, my rental Tar-ass had picked up so many nails, and other metal debris, that I had 6 large cans of fix-a-flat in the wheels, and multiple plugs. (Expensed the lot.. LOL) Other people I was working with had flat tires, or were stranded and cussing about having to change out the spare, and then the spare had a flat... LOL I just showed them the cans of fix a flat, and the plug kit, plus a few plugs sticking out of the tires..

There was a run on WalMart for the cans and the plugs! No more flats, no more problems, and Hertz can deal with it. (My rental car was so un-ballanced by the end of two weeks, that It was like a washing machine on the spin cycle at 80mph.. I don't know what was more annoying, the vibes, or the damn Neverlost woman's voice telling me where to drive... ;) )

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
some one has locked his key in his car befor hehehe

GrimJack;1083289 said:
I carry mine in my wallet. It says AAA on it.

Haven't had to use it in 20 years though... at least not for a tire.