Drunken Craigslist trolling find...

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Just in case the ad gets deleted for being stupid, this is the text from it. The car is a gay blue stock 89. Asking price is $6500.

Runs like a top with no mechanical issues. Tagged and inspected with a clear title. It is bone stock, no modifications or tuner parts. It was owned by my uncle before me, and was never raced or ragged out in any way. It has 176,000 miles on it. It needs a paint job due to some oxidation of the factory paint, and has a silver dollar sized dent in the trunk lid. The interior needs a little work due to sun damage on the rear seat headrests and a tear in the drivers seat. The tail light lense is cracked, but it passed state inspection. The factory radio doesn't work. Other than what i have listed, everything else works great. This car is very fast and handles like it's on rails. It has the 7MGTE inline six cylinder engine, CT26 turbocharger, (over 250 hp) 5 speed manual transmission, TEMS electronic dampening 4 wheel independent suspension, variable steering, ABS, Targa convertible top. leather interior, cruise control, cold AC, power everything, factory alarm, etc. It's top of the line loaded. This car was meticulously maintained at the Toyota dealership with Mobil 1 synthetic. (I did cheat and changed the oil myself the last go around.) Gets around 20mpg if you're easy on the throttle. If you don't care about gas mileage, it will waste every Corvette it gets in it's sights. I also have the original owners manual, original tool kit to remove the top, spare tire and tire tools. This car would be an excellent candidate for restoration. It's loaded, and it's all there. I may be a little flexible on the price for the right buyer. Email me with any questions.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2597257057

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
But are you aware that " it will waste every Corvette it gets in it's sights." Hell yeah its worth every penny he is asking for.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
foreverpsycotic;1758799 said:
I have no doubt in my mind that it will waste a c4. c5 would take a little more work.

Wow, this guy is on something... trying to sell that for $6500 with nearly 200k on the clock and it isn't in mint cosmetic shape? As for the Corvette thing, he only wastes them because the geezers that drive Vettes don't realize that he wants to run them. :p

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
Craigslist said:
... was never raced or ragged out in any way ... it will waste every Corvette it gets in it's sights

Just me or are these conflicting statements?

I'd have to see it first but I don't believe I'd pay more than 3k for that. IF he had all the service records as he states.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
mkiii222;1758847 said:
Just me or are these conflicting statements?

Heh, no kidding! I never raced it, I only floored it everywhere I drove it... :rolleyes: