Driveshaft Question, need help for drag/daily

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
First off I have searched and read multiple threads. But I didn't really hear any answer for my situation.

I drive my car daily for now(will be getting a new vehicle soon) and I drag race. I have a Weld/MT setup, so I plan on using it. My carrier bearing has gone out, and wanted to know if I should just replace it or get a nice 1 piece steel driveshaft. I don't want to get an aluminum one, because I don't want it to brake when launching.

Thanks

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Thanks! I was only worried about breaking a 1 piece aluminum, because I drag race a lot. I was wanting to get a steel drive shaft.

shaftmasters

Vendor
Oct 29, 2007
michigan
www.shaftmasters.com
To all forum members who are interested in a single piece Steel driveshaft:

Due to popular demand we have decided to start making Steel single piece Supra MKIII shafts

Pricing is as follows:
Driveshaft is $325
UPS Ground to anywhere in the continental U.S. is a flat rate of $10

I will try to get these on our online store as soon as possible and I will post a link on this thread. In the meantime you can always call us at
1-866-912-2004 to order. All components to make these shafts are in stock and turn around time is normally less than 24 HRS from time of order to time of shipping.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
Thanks, David

p.s. The page is now active on our online store. Here is the link:
http://www.shaftmasters.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=21_28
There are no pictures as of yet. Be the first to order and you can be the proud owner of the shaft that modeled for the photo.

Last edited:

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
shaftmasters;1218545 said:
To all forum members who are interested in a single piece Steel driveshaft:

Due to popular demand we have decided to start making Steel single piece Supra MKIII shafts

Pricing is as follows:
Driveshaft is $325
UPS Ground to anywhere in the continental U.S. is a flat rate of $10

I will try to get these on our online store as soon as possible and I will post a link on this thread. In the meantime you can always call us at
1-866-912-2004 to order. All components to make these shafts are in stock and turn around time is normally less than 24 HRS from time of order to time of shipping.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
Thanks, David

p.s. The page is now active on our online store. Here is the link:
http://www.shaftmasters.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=21_28
There are no pictures as of yet. Be the first to order and you can be the proud owner of the shaft that modeled for the photo.

Do you have Steel driveshafts in stock now or they have to be preorderd ? and what power can these driveshafts handle or hold up, before breaking.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i got my jaws DS through aaron at DM, and i talked to jaws directly, and lets just say i'll never buy from them again. I couldnt go over 90mph in my n/a with the 1-piece steel DS i bought from them...

And with the one i got, i had to get new hardware because the mounting flange was thicker, which was never mentioned...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Just installed a Shaftmasters AL 1pc last night, very happy with it thus far. No vibes (took it up to about 100mph), actually fixed the vibes I was getting with a bad carrier bearing.

I plan on doing a decent amount of drag racing so I'll keep you posted...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Toyota in their infinite wisdom used a two piece for a reason. It would have been far cheaper to use a one piece (half as many U-joints, no center bearing), so I think I'll stand behind the engineers on this one...

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Rennat;1219071 said:
i got my jaws DS through aaron at DM, and i talked to jaws directly, and lets just say i'll never buy from them again. I couldnt go over 90mph in my n/a with the 1-piece steel DS i bought from them...

And with the one i got, i had to get new hardware because the mounting flange was thicker, which was never mentioned...

So what do you have now?

I'm looking for one or a replacement asap!

zoonwen

1JZ Supra
Apr 27, 2005
Denton, TX
Hey Ryan. Drive shaft king in dallas can make you a one piece steel drive shaft with your existing one. David and Bryan uses them and say they are fairly cheap.