driveshaft lengths

suprachick22

Aug 1, 2009
colorado
ok guys and gals i need your wonderful help again, on sunday i ordered my 1jzgte frint clip which will be arriving next week on wednesdayish. it has a r154 tranny and i am going to be using the diff from my 89 n/a. i ordered my drive shaft from shaft masters but they want to make sure that the length is the right one for the shaft i oredered. so they asked me to ask all of you if i can get a general length of your drive shafts from the tranny to the diff. please and thanks agian

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
gaboonviper85;1424503 said:
Aslong as you ordered the turbo driveshaft then you're set! Length doesn't change with the 1j-r154.

they dont have the lengths that the prob they have made a few for ppl on here i just cant find the lengths this is the last thing i need to order so im finaly getting there :love: just this last thing holding me up lol

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
karlmk3;1424599 said:
they dont have the lengths that the prob they have made a few for ppl on here i just cant find the lengths this is the last thing i need to order so im finaly getting there :love: just this last thing holding me up lol

They have the length...they are confused as you probably told them you are doing a 1j swap.....just tell them you need a mkiii turbo supra driveshaft! They have been making them for a few years now.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Exactly! The 1j and the 7mgte trans are the same and bolt up too the chassis the same...only real diff is the 1j bellhousing...any plain old 7mgte driveshaft will work.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
gaboonviper85;1424617 said:
Exactly! The 1j and the 7mgte trans are the same and bolt up too the chassis the same...only real diff is the 1j bellhousing...any plain old 7mgte driveshaft will work.

that reminds me since i bought the 1jzgte front clip do i need to get a bell housing i assume no but i should ask anyways?

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
If the front clip comes with the trans then no...bell housings are interchangeable between the 7m and 1j trans...so if you prefer too run your r154 that's currently in your supra then just swap bell housings and you're good!

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
my curent set up was w58 with 7mge i bought the car blow head gasket . so i started to strip it sand it clean it and i was going to go 2jz but some ppl got me wanting to go 1jz so thats what im doing so i got the 1jzgte front clip im using moter and tranny from that i got a good deal on it 3000 and free shiping

borisupra

Mar 12, 2010
Bayamon
They asked me the length for mine too,the reason they gave me is that they do had made hundreds of them but they had a couple of them returned lately because they were not the same length they have on their files and they had to pay the shipping charges for both the wrong shaft and the new one. Im in Iraq right now so i canceled the order until i get home and get the measurements myself or find another place that made the shafts but i think shaftmasters is still the best option.