driftmotion modified 1jz single mainfold reviews?

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
Hey everyone. I am going to change out my current POS china manifold when I purchase a new turbo and I am hoping for some reviews on the driftmotion modified 1jz manifold. Can any one comment how easy it is to mount, and how well it clocks / mounts the turbo and wastegate? I am planning on running a S362 turbo for reference.

~scotty

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
I belive its just another pos china header that they buy and modify themselfs and resell as their own. But I am just guessing i have seen one and it looks the same as the ebay china header

scmaluco

May 16, 2012
BayArea
scottiedawg66;1951412 said:
Hey everyone. I am going to change out my current POS china manifold when I purchase a new turbo and I am hoping for some reviews on the driftmotion modified 1jz manifold. Can any one comment how easy it is to mount, and how well it clocks / mounts the turbo and wastegate? I am planning on running a S362 turbo for reference.

~scotty

its a china manifold also, but its cleaned up a little... from what i've seen its sits pretty good i know someone running their kit with a different turbo and so far so good..

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
I am not opposed to a china mani as long as it is good material and has some good reviews. The reason i ask about clocking is my current manifold clocks the tubo all wacky, the manifold has to be removed to remove the turbo, the mounting is a pain in the ass and the wastegate is very hard to get to.

NappingMk3

Feb 24, 2013
Vallejo, CA
I have their kit with the manifold. Definitely wasn't fun getting on but didn't expect it to be either. I installed the turbo after the manifold was already on. I put the wastegate on the manifold before I installed it, and dumptube after. Ill be changing out their wastegate soon with a tial. That probably will be a pain in the ass but still doable with the manifold on the car. They provided shorter studs and nuts for the bottom rear

scmaluco

May 16, 2012
BayArea
scottiedawg66;1951876 said:
I am not opposed to a china mani as long as it is good material and has some good reviews. The reason i ask about clocking is my current manifold clocks the tubo all wacky, the manifold has to be removed to remove the turbo, the mounting is a pain in the ass and the wastegate is very hard to get to.
these china manifolds are a hit and miss.. some have ran them for over 2 years and mine for example lasted me 4-6 months or something b4 it cracked and all.. i had a cxracing manifold which makes the turbo sit straight. foward. meaning not clocked at all. and it was kind of a pain in the arse to put it on.. but not bad at all.. now the one that drift motion sells is clocked plus its a T4 manifold.. mine was a T3 .

NappingMk3

Feb 24, 2013
Vallejo, CA
The dm one is clocked and the bracing runs under the flange on the valve cover side. No clearance for a nut on 1 of the turbo to flange bolts due to the clock so it's only threaded into the flange. But it's on there pretty tight regardless. Overall it seems decent compared to other cheap manifolds

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
I am right in petaluma, would it be possible to check out your set up in person? maybe we meet at KBR or sonoma raceway (infineon) or something?