Driftmotion intercooler kit?

7m2ner

Boosted MA70
Jan 26, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Hey every one, just wondering if any one has use the kit that driftmotion sells for the 7m, if so how did you like it and if you had any pics of it installed. Thanks to every one.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I used it on my car when it was 7m and now it's on my wife's car. I don't have any pictures of it, but it's very simple to use.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Are you talking about the intercooler itself or the IC piping kit? The piping kit is really good value in my opinion. You get a great selection of pipes, rubber joiners, and good quality clamps.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
my buddy has this kit on hit 88t. other than he got it off ebay from cxracing i think. its the same thing. its fitment is pretty good. my only complaint is how the ic outlet is on the other side. not ideal for a stockish 7m set-up.

2lbhugk.jpg

Not mine but a pick of under, I won't be installing mine anytime soon haha, just so you know.

Supraflymk3

Supraman
Dec 17, 2005
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
So I got the intercooler mounted today. Took some fabricating and cutting but I half way got it mounted. The bottom brackets it came with didn't have a big enough slot for the supplied bolts so I used drill bits and made the slots bigger. Then the mounting bracket that bolts to the top of the intercooler I had to cut off two of the tabs because apparently you only use the middle tab and the tab on the passenger side hits the power steering lines so I had to cut it off. Then temporarily I used zip ties to hold the top half up because there is no way in hell that one middle tab bolts to anything so I have to make a 90 degree bracket. Overall I'm not very pleased with the fitment or customer service and Aaron at driftmotion stopped replying to my emails.
p1561909_1.jpg

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
i personally talked to aaron before ordering mine which i should have soon, he mentioned to me that it is somewhat of a pain but if theres no frustration or fabrication involved on upgrading a supra, then buy something else. Ill take pics when i go to set mine up, and maybe with enough info between all of us we can make a sticky or how to thread for all the new guys?

Doesnt the hks use a snap ring not v-band?

89supra7mgte;1562196 said:
i personally talked to aaron before ordering mine which i should have soon, he mentioned to me that it is somewhat of a pain but if theres no frustration or fabrication involved on upgrading a supra, then buy something else. Ill take pics when i go to set mine up, and maybe with enough info between all of us we can make a sticky or how to thread for all the new guys?

Doesnt the hks use a snap ring not v-band?

Yeah the snap ring sucked ass, still tryin' to mount the FMIC

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
damn i wish i had mine already take pics if possible then well start a how to thread on the pita. my car is stripped down and ready for install when i get it.

Supraflymk3

Supraman
Dec 17, 2005
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
I'm good at fabricating and shit but I bought this kit because it was cheap and looks good and its supposed to be a bolt in affair. Thats what sold me on it. I'm just a little upset at the shit I had to do to get it to work. I'll take some more pics in the light soon.