driftmotion intercooler: 3" or 4" core?

Arrest_me_red

Aug 2, 2010
Toledo Ohio
So i'm about to order a driftmotion intercooler for my 1jz swap, im just curious as to which intercooler would be better for me the 4" or 3".

I assume the 4" would provide more cooling and allow more boost but also be laggier?

I have the stock twins for now but plan on dumping them next year.

I can only find people installing the 3" core intercooler kit, not the 4"

Arrest_me_red

Aug 2, 2010
Toledo Ohio
Well i was actually looking at the entire kit, with all the intercooler piping, unless theres another kit around the price range of the DM kit, thanks for the input though!

wht95scort

May 24, 2010
NJ
I just installed the DM intercooler kit today and its definately not bolt in. You have to make your own brackets to hold the intercooler. You also have to cut and modify the hood latch brace. Not a real big deal just letting you know its more then just bolting the thing in.

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
wht95scort;1725746 said:
I just installed the DM intercooler kit today and its definately not bolt in. You have to make your own brackets to hold the intercooler. You also have to cut and modify the hood latch brace. Not a real big deal just letting you know its more then just bolting the thing in.

Good to know.... You got the 3' or the 4' kit?

Arrest_me_red

Aug 2, 2010
Toledo Ohio
I ordered the 3", and yeah isn't a straight drop in, i completely removed the center brace. The way i have it in, theres no way a 4" core would fit, it was a tight squeeze, and i used the included hardware to mount it, except for the piece made out of the aluminum bar, i haven't been able to figure out what that would be used for.