Driftmotion full 3" Piping from Turbo to Tip. $559!

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Ok so I've never heard of Driftmotion. I've been out of the game for so long that.. in returning, I feel like a kid in a candy store! I'm just sifting through all the goodies that Driftmotion has to offer for our cars, and it seems that you can get a full turbo back 3 inch system that eliminates the elbow and is 'catless', meaning that you don't need a test pipe. And by the way, I ran the hks dual tip catback with a test pipe and downpipe for over a year. Never had a problem. Passed CA smog with flying colors with that setup plus an intake/BOV. No problems ever. So even living in CA, where we have the most restrictive smog laws on planet earth was not an issue.

If the DP gives 20-25 hp, and the test pipe gives about 10, and the exhaust gives about 25-30, and intake gives about 15, wouldn't that mean that just adding this system plus an intake (they sell a generic blue filter for $10 - link below) would give a gain of about 70-80hp, bringing a stock MK3 up to 300+ hp.

Anyway look at this setup! $199 for the DP plus $360 for the exhaust. $559 for a complete true 3" pipe all the way to the tip.

That's amazing.

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-3inchdownpipewithelbow7m-gte.php

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-3inchstainlessexhaustformk3supra.php

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-filter3inchblue.php

manofanhour

May 12, 2009
Dallas
Not sure your numbers are spot on.. With the extra boost that you'll be generating, it might be time to start looking at fuel. It would ne a nice start though. I like DM parts never had any issues with the site, or the parts. Just IMO.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
I had the same setup with stock fuel and had no issues at all. (with one small exception... the HKS DP attached to the elbow... so this would be a 'slight' increase because this downpipe eliminates the elbow)

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Just be aware- the gains posted by *any* company, not just DM will be general in nature and do not necessarily stack like most people would like them to.
That said, Aaron has been great the times I've bought from him ad he's answered my questions whenever I've had them. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him evenhough I don't have direct experience with the exhaust bits you're looking at :p

300hp is possible with stock injectors/afm, but you need to up the boost to jut below fuel cut and it will still choke up top. More than that has not been done on a consistant basis without other mods (i.e. piggybck, lex/550's, etc)

Either way, good luck with your car! :)

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
yea depends how old your motor is mines just rebuilt 57trim 3in exhaust no cat megan dp (not full 3in) 9psi and i'm at 267hp and 284tq BTW bov doesn't give you and hp gains to my knowledge

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
toyotanos;1711324 said:
That said, Aaron has been great the times I've bought from him ad he's answered my questions whenever I've had them. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him evenhough I don't have direct experience with the exhaust bits you're looking at :p

I'll second this, bought plenty from Aaron in the past, and have always had good experiences.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
theres another thread right now thats talking about all D.P and on there its stated that the D.M downpipe is the same as ebay ones... i was gonna buy it from d.m prob still am ... just a heads up you might want to chime in on.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL