Driftmotion downpipe 02 sensor problem.

k20maniac

Feb 8, 2009
somewhere
So I am doing my single turbo conversion on my 1j and have a bit of an issue. My 02 sensor sits on a 2 bolt flange, where can I find this flange?, or how are the rest of you guys dealing with this issue? Thanks for the help in advance guys!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Go to your parts store and get a 1990 5.0 Mustang O2 sensor. It is three wires and will screw into the bungs on the downpipe. Then cut and match the wires to the plug of your oil O2 sensor and plug into you engine harness and you are good to go.

I had to do this with my own 7M when I got the kit from DriftMotion and used their downpipe.

k20maniac

Feb 8, 2009
somewhere
The stock o2 has 2 black wires and a blue one, while the ford one has two white wires and a black one, would I just hook up the two black with the two white and the blue one with the black wire?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
What brand did you get? I had the Ford 02 with the same colors as the Toyota one. You have will have to do some testing. I am going to assume the black is the ground on both sides. You will have to connect the white wires one way, then check to see if you get an 02 code, if you do, swap the wires.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I paid about 70 bucks for my Ford O2 sensor. Go to different parts store and see if they have different brands, ask to see and check for the same colors.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
The two wires that are the same are the heater circuit, the other one is the signal.
It doesent matter if the heater wires are backwards, it works the same either way.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You are correct MKIII but he has to be using the two heater wires from each side. Can't mix up the heater and signal wires, that is what I am explaining to him.