Driftmotion ct26 soft line

awsom-0

May 8, 2005
Dallas, Tx
Hey guys, I ordered the softline kit and I'm having issues with getting the feed/return to fit on the turbo. It hits the comp housing and doesn't seem to line up at all. I don't want to force it on and risk damaging anything. Any of you guys have this issue?

awsom-0

May 8, 2005
Dallas, Tx
I don't have any pictures now but I will by the end of the day hopefully. I reused the old lines and put a dab of fipg and it seemed to stop for a bit but there's still a puddle of oil on the ground. The issue I'm having with the DM kit is the adaptor that bolts on to the turbo doesn't line up with the studs and it hits the comp housing when I'm trying to install it. Here are some pictures I took with my crackberry. Any suggestions would be great!

IMG01312.jpgIMG01313.jpg

Last edited:

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Hmmm I wonder if this problem could occur with the factory setup? Because I recently changed that gasket in there and now I have a puddle under my car. I would suggest getting a grinder and just trimming material off until it doesn't touch. It wouldn't be much. Either take it off of the cold side or the adapter flange or a little off both.

awsom-0

May 8, 2005
Dallas, Tx
Yeah, I would try that as a last resort. I've contacted Aaron and he says he's sold 1000s and all have no fitment issues. Dunno if having an upgraded ct26 would have anything to do with it.

awsom-0

May 8, 2005
Dallas, Tx
Hmm it was recently rebuilt by Albert, the old lines I have fit and line up perfectly. I'm going to take it to a friends shop tomorrow to see what he can do.

Smashey

Dec 29, 2010
Grande Prairie
i would double nut the stud to take it out, place adapter in place then put the stud in it like a bolt tighten it up and vuala.
lol i hope i understood your question correctly.