Driftmotion blow off valve quit making noise

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
I just purchased the 7m-gte intercooler kit . It comes with a blow valve. At first it was making a whistle noise and now nothing. I have vacuum. I am worried that the blow off is not working at all. How can I test it. I am afraid of compressor surge. Any have any ideas let me know.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Truth is, the BOV is screwed. That BOV location is horrible , it's right above the turbo (oddly the stock BPV is located there). The heat melts the check valve in the blow off valve. I've gone through 3 Blow off valves already. Relocate the Blow Off Valve but let Aaron know about your melted BOV.

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
That is what come to my mind that the heat might have damaged it. Thanks. I will let Arron know about it. My waste gate is chattering bad after boost. Will this damage my turbo.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
89supracrazy;1756362 said:
That is what come to my mind that the heat might have damaged it. Thanks. I will let Arron know about it. My waste gate is chattering bad after boost. Will this damage my turbo.

Are you sure the chattering isn't Compressor Surge? & yes the BOV not working properly WILL damage your turbo. It causes compressor surge.

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
I have the drift motion 57 trim and on my old turbo I did not hear that noise. It is a fresh rebuilt turbo. I just finished the project on Sunday. Even with the bov making the whistle noise I still heard a chatter sound. It got louder when the bov quit working.

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
I hope it has not damaged the turbo. I have not drove far in two days. Just trying to work the bugs out right now. I am going to park it until I talk to Arron.