Driftmotion 1JZ 60-1 Single Turbo kit dyno results?

Viggs

Slow t67 1j
Jan 28, 2008
Buffalo
partyboy25;1442357 said:
I have been looking into this kit and the only thing I am worried about is the wastegate that comes with it. Has anyone had an issue with it?

Mine leaked horribly, had to replace with a genuine. No problems since.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Viggs;1443219 said:
Mine leaked horribly, had to replace with a genuine. No problems since.

We have sold at least 200 of those wastegates with only 1 or 2 issues,
your results weren't typical, and I have no problem exchanging anything that has a problem on our kit.

One person that has an issue can make it sound like everyone has the same problem and that is NOT the case here.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
partyboy25;1442357 said:
I have been looking into this kit and the only thing I am worried about is the wastegate that comes with it. Has anyone had an issue with it?

The wastegates work great, I have been running one on my personal car for 2 years with no issues, and we've sold hundreds of them.

As I stated before, we have had only 1 or 2 defective units, and that was just a manufacturing defect, we have never had one just fail after it had some miles on it. We have also not had any stick and cause an overboost situation, the few that leaked were just because the valve in the wastegate didn't perfectly touch the valve seat.

Viggs

Slow t67 1j
Jan 28, 2008
Buffalo
bigaaron;1443552 said:
We have sold at least 200 of those wastegates with only 1 or 2 issues,
your results weren't typical, and I have no problem exchanging anything that has a problem on our kit.

One person that has an issue can make it sound like everyone has the same problem and that is NOT the case here.

It's still a great kit, I'm not trying to insult you guys at all. 200 gates, 1 or 2 issues, thats a 1% chance of it being defective. My initial thinking was the same as yours partyboy, except I figured that if I got by with the knockoff, great. If not, I was probably going to change it out sooner or later so it didn't really matter to me.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Yea I dd mine and had no problems with the wg so far. Had it for a couple months. Everyone loves the sound of it! WOOOOT! ptssss! :love:

dillusion13

Jan 31, 2009
Downey
Thought I'd chime in, I made 421 rwhp, and 412tq
Stock cams, .58 ar, stinger, and about 20lbs of boost. Have some hks cams ready to go so I'll let you guys know when that happens.

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
dillusion13;1584392 said:
Thought I'd chime in, I made 421 rwhp, and 412tq
Stock cams, .58 ar, stinger, and about 20lbs of boost. Have some hks cams ready to go so I'll let you guys know when that happens.

Very nice, good to see the .58 can make those numbers, that's what I went with. Can you post up the graph?

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Swap to the .70 A/R and you'll see a big jump in power at the same boost level. I talked with Aaron and he said the .58 is best for the constant tight twisties since it spools so soon. The .70 seems to be the sweet size for this turbo. BTW, before I went standalone I managed 400 RWHP and 347 RWTQ at 15 lbs with my AFR's going to 10:1 when I hit 15 lbs thanks to my stock ECU.

dillusion13

Jan 31, 2009
Downey
I was thinking about that. More specifically...I have the p trim hotside. I was thinking of going .58 o-trim on the hot side and a higher ar on the cold side. I think this would be the best combo for street/highway. Have to find out what the ar is on the cold side.

Last edited:

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
honestabe;1589347 said:
Get the .70 A/R, the .58 is too small for this turbo and chokes it.

Have you driven both? I don't think I would be willing to give up any more lag than the .58 has already, but i'm not looking for huge power goals, just want quick throttle response and minimal lag out of the corners. I really would be interested to drive both back to back though.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
cbutler;1589659 said:
Have you driven both? I don't think I would be willing to give up any more lag than the .58 has already, but i'm not looking for huge power goals, just want quick throttle response and minimal lag out of the corners. I really would be interested to drive both back to back though.

No I haven't but this is what I was told by Aaron. The lag on the .70 is minimal. Do you want 450 RWHP or 500? The response on my turbo is pretty damn fast.

dblstr

Dec 23, 2009
SA
Also interested in some figures between the 3 turbo kits at drifmotion.

What rpm will you be making full boost at with the 57 trim, 60-1 and 67m (to4z) with say the 0.7 AR on the 1JZ with standard supporting mods.

Also curious about the last post, 67m with the .58 hot side interested to see what rpm you will see boost and what power figures are to be expected with say 10-20psi.