drifting modded 1jz mk3 at willow springs

1jzdrftr

Jan 10, 2010
rosamond
drifting at willow springs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIGariEv4Bo

this was the end of my day because i was out of tires lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egSO9fxkUcQ

this was my fav mk3... :( i miss her soo much...
628696300_l.jpg

462212378_l.jpg

787323764_l.jpg

AND THEN THE WORST HAPPENED....
661627881_l.jpg

well about the jetta thing... :/ one mornig after mother nature decided to pour rain all night..i had to get up for work i got ready and left and it is soaking wet outside and lots of cloud cover. drivin east towards the sun and boom that thing comes out and is reflecting off the ground into my eyes, and just waking up and leaving that bright light just messed me up, so my eyes are adjusting and im just pacing with everyone else next to me and i see the light turn yellow so i hit the brakes and they locked up ( non-abs with steel braided brake lines and drilled slotted rotors) just my luck i slid like 50ft. i think the speed limit is 50 on that street and ya. if you look closely at the vw rear quarter panel pillar area you can see its wrinkled from the trunk bending up..imagine what was going thru that persons mind when he got hit haha. i miss that car. after we hit im sittin in the car thinkin to myself-SON OF A BITCH!!!!- i look at my windshield and see its cracked and thought it cracked bcuz the hood popped up..surprise surprise..i go to get out and the door doesn't open and im cussing like crazy all pist off and look out the window to see y it wont open then i see a tire sitting on my mirror-WTF!!!!!-and i look up and see a gas tank, i think i saw the exhaust and i was like damn no f'n way not my car..so i climbed out the passenger door and saw the outside view...WOW

Last edited:

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
1992supraman;1495073 said:
nice drifting. Good speed and smooth wieght shift. but WTF happened with your white mk3??? :aigo:

X2!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!? Someone slam the , and i literally mean fuckign SLAM!, the gas instead of the break??

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Total bummer, I as well would like to know what happen, it clearly looks like it was their fault not yours - and that is judging from angles and other things.

Chrisfrom1986

Unauthorized Lurker
Jun 10, 2006
Fresno
I dont know what "angles" you see in the one picture posted, but I see a Supra under a Jetta. How do you figure it was the other drivers fault?

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Chrisfrom1986;1495098 said:
I dont know what "angles" you see in the one picture posted, but I see a Supra under a Jetta. How do you figure it was the other drivers fault?

Well, we'll let the OP chime in soon.. :3d_frown:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
he said it was his fault in the intro section. rainy day and slide under it. thought the roof was up but nope it was a jetta.

sick drifting tho man.

1jzdrftr

Jan 10, 2010
rosamond
Flateric;1495084 said:
Turnado drop the car on it?

only if

92TealSupra;1495089 said:
Total bummer, I as well would like to know what happen, it clearly looks like it was their fault not yours - and that is judging from angles and other things.

well its never a supra owners fault lol...that jetta has a pretty good angle i think haha

RogueSteel;1495101 said:
Because the supra is UNDER the Jetta?
I mean it looks like the damn VW hit 30lbs of boost in reverse!

wow that's the funniest thing i have heard about that pic haha. i used to have another pic of when the tow truck came-someone thought i rear ended the tow truck and the jetta fell off onto my car lol, the tow truck just lifted the jettas front end off the ground and dragged it off..that was soooo horrible to watch and the noise crunching scraping grinding. it was soo bad. and im not affraid to say this but i was in tears over this and i was more worried about my car then myself or anyone else. whats funny is when i went to get the car from the tow yard i looked at it and....drove it home!! with no hood, no front bumper, broken windshield, bashed in fender and the igniter wires were all severed at least a little bit but it made it home and ran fine. started it up later the next day and it was acting all weird didn't idle right

1jzdrftr

Jan 10, 2010
rosamond
D7MSupra;1495522 said:
Whats wrong with the new one? Looks like some of the old one lives in it. The white one looks as though it wasnt totalled.:cry:

well part of that is true. all the performance parts were not harmed. even the intercooler was protected behind the bumper..my car sits soo low that the bumper will just go under as shown lol. the red supra has a different 1j now, its from a soarer or a front-sump host of some sort was also auto but i had the r154 and just made it work. as far as the chassis well the radiator core support was messed up, bumper broke, new driver fender smashed with tire marks, targa top had a lil crease and since i had a total of 4 supras at the time i just made one work

sk6471

Quietly Lurking
May 28, 2005
Texas
If you'd keep the drifting on the track and try to keep it off of the wet street, you'd be alright. Seriously, ABS and some tire tread are your friends. Toyota should never have sold the MKIII w/o ABS.:: angry ::

How much did your insurance have to settle with the Jetta owner for?

D7MSupra

Ive Infracted
Apr 6, 2008
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Yea I had to rebuild the front of mine because the headlight pushed the radiator support back. Bought another Supra for that one but still used the original. I used that drivetrain in yet another Supra which then burned when the cps caught fire. Still have all 3.:burnout:

1jzdrftr

Jan 10, 2010
rosamond
sk6471;1496068 said:
If you'd keep the drifting on the track and try to keep it off of the wet street, you'd be alright. Seriously, ABS and some tire tread are your friends. Toyota should never have sold the MKIII w/o ABS.:: angry ::

How much did your insurance have to settle with the Jetta owner for?

well if i were to drift on a street it would be a daring moment in a parking lot around some light poles or my friends cars but those days are over....i got a reckless driving tickett- taking a friend for a ride at the time because hes never been in a car doin stuff like that all a sudden chp drove by and as i was sliding around a pole, at an old street race meet, i saw him slam on the brakes and i was like oh shit i went to take off because all the other street racers were takin off and since i was paying attention to the cop i drove into a dead end in the parking lot and said fuck it im not gonna run and pulled into a parking spot shut off the car and slammed all my guages and electronics into the dash so they weren't soo visible..haha also the liscence plate was off another supra that was registered (the white one) and the burgundy one was not registered which the plates off the white one were on and they didn't even notice hahaha!!! still got a pricey ticket though..i think it was around $900~ because i had gotten soooo many tickets prior just being dumb driving without proof of insurance and registration speeding bla bla bla :/

the whole accident thing i really dont remember how much it was but i know i didn't have to pay a dime except higher monthly insurance bills.

D7MSupra;1496089 said:
Yea I had to rebuild the front of mine because the headlight pushed the radiator support back. Bought another Supra for that one but still used the original. I used that drivetrain in yet another Supra which then burned when the cps caught fire. Still have all 3.:burnout:

how did the cps catch fire?