Downpipe question.

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
I have an unknown brand downpipe (which bolted to the elbow) and a full Blitz Nur Spec with test pipe. I want to replace the downpipe as it hangs very low and I want to get rid of the elbow as well. So I picked up this divorced downpipe used from a guy on a facebook group, but I should have checked it out closer. It looks to me like it was a recirculated pipe that they cut and added a flange to. Opinions? So my question is, do I need an external wastegate on there or can it vent to the atmosphere or should I ditch it and just get a new pipe? I don't know what brand this one is, but I don't think it's an ebay one. It's pretty heavy duty. I'm pretty sure I screwed up.
Forgive me, I know I still have a lot to learn about turbo systems!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
My guess is that this was an ebay ddp that was originally made for a ct-26. The previous owner had it modified to fit his turbo setup which obvious had a v-band on the exhaust housing and ran with an external wastegate. The original ddp flange was cut off and the dump tube was routed and flanged for the external wastegate placement. The pipe is now pretty much worthless with out the rest of his setup since it would costs more to modify it then to buy another off of ebay that fits your ct26.

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
Yes, I think you are right. I don't know if it was an ebay one or not, though...it's pretty thick gauge. Doesn't matter now though. The guy I bought it from refunded me. I'll just buy a new ddp here in the near future. Car is in shop for paint and bodywork touch-up, plus whale tail install right now anyway.