Downpipe install problems

jorgezapien

Sep 12, 2017
US
So when i full throttle it the first time it will max the boost gauge out and blow off fine the second time is a differnt story. Itll be full throttle but wont go higher than 3k -3500. People say look for boost leak but me and my dad checked and found nothing. ( it idles fine). I have an aftermarket hks bov that non recirculating so i think that may be the prob but if someone knows lmk thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Si when i full throttle it the first time it will max the boost gauge out and blow off fine the second time is a differnt story. Itll be full throttle but wont go higher than 3k -3500. People say look for boost leak but me and my dad checked and fpund nothing. ( it idles fine). I have an aftermarket hks bov that non recirculating so i think that may be the prob but if someone knows lmk thanks

what exactly is the issue? is it the downpipe? or not revving past 3k-3.5k? post title makes no sense to what you wrote.
Also what engine? Be detailed.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
I would also like a little more detail on your problem you are having.

Are you sure its not hitting fuel cut once you are boosting (engine lights comes on for a few seconds and it cuts fuel to drop RPM's very shortly)?

I am also running a HKS non recirculating bov and I have no problems on the OEM ecu but mine is only set up like this temporary as you need to have a recirculated bov for the OEM ecu.

jorgezapien

Sep 12, 2017
US
Its a 7mgte with a 3 inch non circulating dp and catted exhaust. Stock everything except for that and hks bov. Engine light does come on when i hit boost and stays there. It had the CEL even without the downpipe.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Its a 7mgte with a 3 inch non circulating dp and catted exhaust. Stock everything except for that and hks bov. Engine light does come on when i hit boost and stays there. It had the CEL even without the downpipe.

well for starters, what codes is the CEL putting out?

jorgezapien

Sep 12, 2017
US
well for starters, what codes is the CEL putting out?
Ill let you know tomarrow im in so cal and ill try to record the issue. Ill get the CEL codes as well. It just happend today. Sorry for sounding like a noob its my first forced induction car

jorgezapien

Sep 12, 2017
US
check again for boost leaks, i use a can of brake/carb cleaner around the pipes while the engine is running. dont drench of course just sparingly. you'll hear it rev up if there is a leak.

now what are the codes.
Coupler was ripped [emoji38][emoji38] my bad for causing a scene lol. All better

jorgezapien

Sep 12, 2017
US
Good to hear you fixed your problem.
Ya it was a rip on the intercooler coupling near the headlights. The rip was underneath and i guess when i took it off for the downpipe install it made it worse im assuming. The coupler slipped off cause the rip was near the edge.