Door lights stay on

pparrigo

India Delta OneZero Tango
Feb 12, 2008
WNY
I will preface this by saying that I searched the forums, and found many people with the exact opposite of my problem.

Since I changed my seats (corbeaus back to a set of stock leather seats), I've noticed a few things happening that both anger and confuse me (futurama reference).

1. Seat belt light will either
-turn off after 10 seconds like it is supposed to
-turn off after 10 or so minutes of driving
-Stay on and subconsciously piss me off
--Sometimes, I can get it to fix itself by restarting the car after driving a bit

2. Ignition and door dome lights will either
-Turn off after I close the door like they are supposed to
-Stay on and consciously piss me off (until I at least turn off the dome light)
--This fixed itself once after I stopped to put fuel in, but now it's not going away

Things I have checked:
-Door open/closed switches (Not sure if I checked them correctly, but...)
-Dashboard light dimmer
-Hatch lid

Now, nothing changed electrically when I changed my seats, so I can't see how that would make a difference. Door switches turn the "door ajar" light on and off on the dashboard appropriately, as well as the marker light on the inside of the door. You can jiggle the passenger door switch a little and get it to change from closed to open, but playing with this seems to have no real effect on the ignition, seat belt, and dome light issue.

I know this is far from the most car-threatening problem here, but, damn, its annoying. Anyone have any ideas on what to do about this short of disconnecting fuses/wires? Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can give me.