Doomsday Preppers

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
S.A. supra;1798539 said:
Doomsday Preppers on the discovery channel. Reminds me of half of the people on this forum. Anyone on the forum on the show?

I'm not sure if it's the specific show you watched, but I did see a show on Discovery that was supposedly about "preppers". The reason I put "preppers" in quotes is that 1/2 the people on the show were 2012 Dooomsday Mayan Clock nutters and some of the others have since showed up on some of the survivalist forums saying the show manipulated scenes, used things out of context and overall didn't portray them honestly. A few were obvious scam artists.

For example, there was one woman they portrayed as getting grocery deliveries in the middle of the night for "security purposes" - nobody with a half a lick of sense would do that, it's bad operational security to call attention to yourself like that.

Personally, I'd say it's really bad operational security to go on television and tell people what you have in the 1st place... You're making yourself out to be a target.

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
OH, I remember that show. The suburban mom who got midnight shipments?

She posts on Survivalist Boards. She said that crap was just for the show and complete bullshit.

I think the guy growing veggies and tilapia in his pool with the chickens above it was cool, and the most realistic was the group in (I think it was) North Carolina. Well, maybe "realistic" isn't the word, but certainly the group to be more emulated.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
The Discovery Channel has turned to complete shit...it's aliens/ghosts and doomsday bullshit...ugg
I want my Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs type shows back!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
SupraMario;1799264 said:
The Discovery Channel has turned to complete shit...it's aliens/ghosts and doomsday bullshit...ugg
I want my Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs type shows back!
I want my shark week back... oh well. :p

Why would you have groceries delivered in the first place? Go to the store, load up with what you need, park your car in your garage (novel concept that...), close the door before unloading. Now nobody knows what you were out doing... problem solved.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
If I was that kid and my dad made me eat tilapia every fucking night, I would pray for Doomsday so I could use it as an excuse to shoot his fucking ass.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Greek;1800940 said:
If I was that kid and my dad made me eat tilapia every fucking night, I would pray for Doomsday so I could use it as an excuse to shoot his fucking ass.

Hey now tilapia is awesome. Brown rice, steamed broccoli, and baked tilapia....sooooo good

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
SupraMario;1801310 said:
Hey now tilapia is awesome. Brown rice, steamed broccoli, and baked tilapia....sooooo good

Is tilapia good? Yes, it is. Do I want to eat it every single night? Every. Single. Night. Fuck that.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Greek;1801411 said:
Is tilapia good? Yes, it is. Do I want to eat it every single night? Every. Single. Night. Fuck that.
Ever heard the Weird Al song "Albuquerque"? If not, go check it out on Youtube, you'll appreciate it. Make a sandwich first though, it's a bit of a tale...

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
bhmsupra;1801776 said:
Talapia eats it own poop... I guess you could say they are survivalist fish?

Doesn't catfish too? Lol I could care less what it eats tbh, because if it was a beauty contest most people would be hard core vegans lol

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Catfish are bottom feeders, yes. They'll eat just about anything really... cheese puffs included. Makes great bait. :rofl: