Do People Have Map ecu cars that Run well?

blk91

Aug 29, 2005
ca
I have been considering running a Map ecu for about 3 years now but never got around to installing it. I just bought a new supra that has lexus and 550's on it and i was thinking of installing it but most of there research I have done shows it as having tunning issues. Like most things people post more when they have a negative then a positive. So if any one has a car with a map ecu that runs well or has any other good feed back I would like to hear it.
Kanan

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
I own a map ecu and im waiting for a few additions before connect it up, but a friend had one and it worked great on a 7m, comes down to the tune at the end of the day.

blk91

Aug 29, 2005
ca
arod;1174492 said:
Agree

I have a friend that has a 94 supra with 2jzgte and map ecu, after tunning with an experienced car tuner worked great. He is now going map ecu 2 for timing control and other things.

Thanks for Responding My car has a S-AFC right now that seems to have no Tune other then some correction to idle
with 550' and lexus AFM Car made 337hp and 350trq at 14psi with the tranny slipping very bad... And the current out put is Unknown. I would really like to see 400hp

Mk3Les

blk91;1174632 said:
Thanks for Responding My car has a S-AFC right now that seems to have no Tune other then some correction to idle
with 550' and lexus AFM Car made 337hp and 350trq at 14psi with the tranny slipping very bad... And the current out put is Unknown. I would really like to see 400hp

Just my 2 cents worth, if your looking to get 400hp and above save yourself the headache and go to a standalone ecu. That way you can control ignition as well, I'm not saying you cant get 400hp with a piggy back it will just make it easy.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I have a map ecu 2.

Is going great, except for a miss when backing off the accelerator at high speeds. We are 99.9% sure this is an issue with the coil packs, and not the map.

My tuner also managed to figure out the timing control for the 7M with it, so I'm pretty bloody happy :D

blk91

Aug 29, 2005
ca
Mk3Les;1174646 said:
Just my 2 cents worth, if your looking to get 400hp and above save yourself the headache and go to a standalone ecu. That way you can control ignition as well, I'm not saying you cant get 400hp with a piggy back it will just make it easy.

In my experience In cars with stand alones they seem to lack some of the Drivablity that stock ecus have. My freinds supra was a development car for Aem... and was tuned by Aem and Never ran totally right. I mean the car ran fine but always did some funny things on desell that they could not fix, and from what I gather the Aem and the ignition dont seem to play well with one another. I use the car as a daily driver. And really want to set up a tune and forget about it. And I just have not seen that with stand alones. Also I already have the Map ecu and harness.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
blk91;1174632 said:

If you already have a SAFC installed, just get it tuned with that. I have been running the same setup for 2 years and my car runs great, and did 393rwhp at 18 psi. Either buy a wideband, and learn how to tune, or take it to a dyno for proper tuning. I was able to tune my own using a datalogger and a Innovative LC-1 wideband.

blk91

Aug 29, 2005
ca
tekdeus;1174904 said:
If you already have a SAFC installed, just get it tuned with that. I have been running the same setup for 2 years and my car runs great, and did 393rwhp at 18 psi. Either buy a wideband, and learn how to tune, or take it to a dyno for proper tuning. I was able to tune my own using a datalogger and a Innovative LC-1 wideband.

What turbo were you running?