DM upgraded 1JZ ct12a pictures ... no dyno, yet.

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
This got delivered last Monday. I requested the housings get treated with black thermal coating in addition to all the work normally offered.

Apologies for the sub par camera.

turbos1.jpg turbos2.jpg turbos3.jpg turbos4.jpg turbos5.jpg

Unfortunately I have to pull my motor out to address an oil leak at the back of the engine (either crank bolt holes, rear main seal that I just installed, or maybe the half moon seals in the head) before these can go on.

I've also got some ignition issues to deal with... seems like it's running on 5/6 cylinders most of the time - likely a bad coil/coils or igniter.

But as soon as I'm able I'll get some dyno time get graphs for the stockers (currently on the car) and these.

YYCSupra

Getting back in the game
Aug 4, 2014
Alberta
If you're leaking oil down the back of your engine, chances are you have a leaking valve cover gasket which is also leaking into your spark plug galley. This oil can cause your misfire. Check your coil pack boots for oil. I just went through this on my 1JZ. Great looking twins. I'm in the midst of pulling mine off as they are toast. I have a spare set I'm going to put on until I figure out what single turbo I want to use.
GL with the trouble shooting.

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
Right now I'm waiting on replacement capacitors for the ECU. If this fixes my intermittent dead cylinders and other weird efi issues it'll mean these babies go on a lot sooner...

I'm almost done with my (mild) porting work on my spare set of exhaust manifolds and they are going to get sent off for ceramic coating. (sorry no pics at the moment)

I was also seriously considering getting a second 1jz-gte head that I can build up on the side with shimless buckets, porting, coatings, etc.

I didnt pull things apart to see where the leak was coming from yet, because i was focused on troubleshooting the other stuff, but I'll let you guys know. I can say that the spark plug galley is dry though.

Last edited: