DM/CX racing intercooler and hard piping kit question

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Bought a used kit from a guy on SM here, showed up with intercooler and four (4) hard pipes. Pic on DM shows six (6) hard pipes although I know Aaron uses generic pics some times. Can anyone confirm number of pipes, couplers and attaching hardware? Kit is the one with inlet and outlet on opposite sides of the intercooler.

Thanks in advance fellars!

Last edited:

IDISLIKEMK3

Nov 6, 2014
san diego
I know its not an easy answer but you might wanna pre fit it together on the floor or something and put it next to the car and then you will see if your missing a pipe. But after looking at the kit(dm1082) and visually putting it together in my head...I think you are missing 2 pipes.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Its only 4 pieces. One connects to the turbo with a slight bend going to the pipe that looks like an L then you've got the piece that comes through the fender and the other replaces the 3000 pipe.

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Thanks for the replies guys! If worse comes to worst, I've got a muffler shop just down the road and I should be able to get something worked out! I guess I'll see what happens next month when I actually have time to install the new parts!

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I bought the CX racing hard pipe kit I assume it's the same as the DM kit it was a bit weird but start with one piece at a time and you will figure it out. i started with the most obvious piece the one that goes to the throttle body and the weird curvy pipe is the one that connects to it and goes through the fender.