DM 7m fuel pressure dampner bypass

sweaver

Oct 13, 2010
ny
can anyone that has installed one of these help with a question? i realize the an fitting goes into the fuel rail where the oem dampner comes off, however i cant seem to find where the other end of the line attaches on the fuel line. J Seaman's guide shows him tapping an AN fitting into the block where the two banjo bolts come together. http://mkiiisupra.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=13885&highlight=guide+controller&page=2

i would like to not have the banjo bolts and was wondering if this hose attaches futher up the fuel line towards the tank or if i had to sorce the an fitting and place it as in the above link. thanks

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
that line eventually attaches to the main feed hardline. just got that line done on my car, and the easiest solution is remove the stock line that connects the banjo bolt to the fuel hardline, cut off the crimp (just the crimp, NOT the fitting) on the stock line where it attaches to the hardline, and have a hydraulic shop crimp that stock fitting onto a new piece of -6 braided line. my new line uses a 180 degree -6 AN hose end with a -6 to M14 adapter fitting to attach to the stock FPD location.

simplified: Stock feed line > stock feed line crimp fitting crimped to new -6 line > 180* -6 AN fitting > -6 to M14 adapter fitting > stock FPD port on the fuel rail.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
MF3828A.gif

check out this fancy diagram that shows you it all :)

the spot in the "block" where he is threading it into is item 23849A

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
I made one of these, because my mom sold my fuel line to some scrap metal guy when i was doing my headgasket (I almost killed her, long story lol) I got a fitting that screwed directly into my fuel rail at one end, and a banjo fitting at the other end, bought new crush washers and used the factory banjo bolt on the block. It screws in below the no2 runner of the intake manifold.

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
i would still like pics. i have seen the diagram and all but i cant really find the line that the hose actually attaches too

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
ill try to grab a pic of it, but the crimp fitting im talking about is on the right side of 23801F, in the bottom right corner of the pic thatnorthwestsupra posted.

sweaver

Oct 13, 2010
ny
ok all of the banjo lines and all of the lines that go steel to rubber get deleted the driftmotion 7m fuel dampner bypass line attaches to the main hardline behind the front driverside tire tucked up under two protective covers and a metal hook that holds the lines up by the frame rail. you have to remove the plastic protective covers and the metal hook holds the fuel line right where the connection is made to the main steel fuel line. it is a direct replacement no other parts needed confermed by big aaron via email.
getting a picture will be a bitch but i will try. right at the end (right end) of 23801F in the diagram. as enraged stated i may have to cut as its soaking in pb blaster as it wasnt coming apart lastnight.

Last edited:

sweaver

Oct 13, 2010
ny
^ very hard to get a pic from the engine bay even with the intake off. this is from under car behind front driver's side tire.